Lease Transfer-If you were taking one over, do you prefer a 24 month or 36?

I still want to know why they kicked him out from Edmunds, from all places lol

1 Like

Iā€™ll just bite my tongue there.

1 Like

Buyers are each going to have their own preferences. If anyone is indifferent or flexible then:

Down payments (cash due to seller) are better to be ā€œamortizedā€ over longer terms.

Incentives (cash due from seller) are better to be amortized over shorter terms.

2 Likes

If youā€™re asking for money up front then a longer lease will be more attractive to most.

I was actually wondering if it would be profitable to find and lease some of these ā€œunicornsā€ then flip them for a profit on SAL. Good amount of risk and unclear if the profit is worth the time but interesting.

1 Like

Totally hear ya.

Part of the issue is Iā€™m not solely profit driven. I love the idea of driving as many cars as I can.

Financially not the best move. Totally aware. Itā€™s a passion.

lol Iā€™m in the exact same situation as you 12 months on my Giulia in june and I need more power

It is. I donā€™t want to derail this thread too much, so feel free to PM me, but basically the constant recalls, crummy infotainment (that keeps setting presets without my telling it to), and fit and finish issues that I keep getting fixed.

It drives incredibly well, but it is an exhausting place to have to be for an extended period of time. Every day that the weather is nice, Iā€™m driving my Viggen.

i think this consideration is more important:

Iā€™ve done quite a few lease transfers, the majority of people are looking for low upfront cash layout with a good payment. I would say lease duration 24 vs 36 mo is secondary, if the price is right, itā€™s not a big issue IMO.

Itā€™s well known that cars that have MSDs are more difficult to transfer because of the upfront cash layout. And here youre talking about cash layout that you get back and people are still reluctant.

So if I read your post right, youā€™re prob looking to have the assuming party A) pay for the transfer fee and B) pay you a decent size incentive on top of it.

I think thatā€™s way more of an issue than 24 vs 36 mo.

1 Like

Money up front is a big consideration as well as mileage, basically.

Iā€™d say just hack what has lowest payment, lowest up front cost with a 12+ yearly mileage regardless of term. Kinda like a broker who just happens to keep the cars for an extended test driveā€¦

Lol

I ended up doing a 24/12
13.5% off MSRP
$494 plus tax
First payment and plates ($135) due at signing

1 Like

This was for TRD Pro 4 runner? Not bad

Yeeep for the pro