Lease transfer: Hire a lease inspector?

Transferring a lease from FL to NJ so I haven’t been able to physically inspect the car other than a few photos. Was considering hiring a lease inspector just to ensure the car is as described. Has anyone done so and what’s the approximate cost?

Ive used Carchex…always have had great inspections from them. The cost has usually been $150ish but I havent checked in a few years.

Similar posts to read/things to consider

2 Likes

Ideally you’d want the seller to agree to take the car to an independent mechanic of your choosing (PPI at your expense) and put it on a lift

1 Like

It’s 2021. How about you get on FaceTime with the seller and have him do a thorough walk around with you .

You can specifically ask what you want to see and have him/her zoom in up close.

Technology is amazing right?

1 Like

Ha, great idea @TheBigTuna. (and great username)

A quick FaceTime I think is good for an initial evaluation, but you will not really be left with a definitive document of any sort which confirms the condition of the car.

This is the usual risk/reward decision. I have done probably 20 swaps over the years, I can think of a couple of cases off hand where I didn’t spring for the inspection and I wish I had😢. Of course, the best end result is that the inspection is a complete waste of $129.95!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.