Lease transfer guidance

Hello All -
I am pretty new to this forum. I am interested in getting out of my 2018 Audi A4 lease since I need a bigger family vehicle now. My question is on swapalease since I remain liable even after a lease transfer.
Swapalease has a lease transfer wallet protection plan that is applicable for Audi Financial. Does anyone have any experience or feedback on this?
https://www.swapalease.com/wallet-protection-plan/

Audi does allow lease transfer, but you still remain financially liable even when the next person takes over the lease. I have no personal experience with this program (or SwapALease for that matter), but it may be worth looking into if the protection plan does what it claims to do.

Did you end up doing this? I am in the middle of a Audi lease transfer to a friend, I have couple of questions as looks like you are in NJ as well. Basically, in the paperwork they are asking for a NJ MVC mailing address, contact person and all… to send the paperwork to get the registration. Since each state is different, i wanted to know NJ experience with that. I dont have any contacts at the NJ MVC :grin:

Hello! Sorry about the delay as I am not actively checking this account.

Unfortunately my lease transfer is still in process. Believe it or not, we started this entire thing back in August, but NJ MVC is a nightmare to deal with. They lost our original transfer paperwork and the title, so AFS had to request a duplicate title. Everything is super slow due to this pandemic. My advice is, please make sure you provide an address to a fully operational MVC. I would suggest following up with AFS on tracking details for your transfer paperwork (this is sent directly to MVC from AFS). Please follow up with the MVC as soon as your packet is delivered. My one was unfortunately misplaced by the MVC.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

It says something about a bank that needs the consumer to provide the right name and address for official paperwork to be send to and from the state.

1 Like