Lease transfer for 2021 Chevy Bolt Premier -- do I need battery to be replaced first?

Planning on getting rid of our 2021 Bolt EV Premier (about 27 mo to go). Fine car, but would like to get a Crosstrek for my daughter instead.

Can’t do a lease buyout – payoff is about $30k and used seem to be selling for ~$28k. So, lease transfer makes sense. I did this with a BMW a few years ago. But one thing that held up the transfer was that all recall work had to be done before the transfer could happen. But given that all Bolts need new batteries, and that we are fairly low on the list, does anybody know if this will be an issue for a lease transfer?

On a related note, anybody transfer their Bolt relatively recently and have an experiences to share? We got a decent deal ($270/mo) which looks much better in today’s market. I was about 2 months late to the Bolt party early last year.

Thanks.

I am interested. And 270 seems a reasonable price if 0 down.
There is 600 or 650 lease transfer fee. I would like to see your car (I am in Fremont CA).

To all of the people who have expressed interest in the Bolt, I am not at a place where I can get rid of it yet. I will list it under the lease transfer topic when I get there. Thanks for the comment about getting the software update – that will probably work. I will give them a call.

1 Like

Would you like me to close the thread? You can always PM one of us to reopen.

Thank you. That would be a good idea.