Lease Transfer - 2019 BMW i8 MSRP $160,795, $693/mo+tax, $4400 down + $5600 MSD, 24/7.5k, 20mo left, AZ

Isnt it 30 cents for these? Not 25?

The penalty is 30 but I thought you can prepay with BMW FS at 25 a mile up to 6 months before lease end?

Down payment reduced to $12000. This deal is now ā€œeffectivelyā€ ~$980/mo if I was giving upfront fees away, or mid $800s/mo if counting partial fees down.

Down payment reduced to $10000

I would suggest updating your title with DAS and MSDs separate 10k DAS catches the eye quick and avoids a click lol

Thanks for your suggestion Iā€™ll do that

I would do it for just the MSDs considering the mileage allotment. I am located in Scottsdale and have done multiple BMW transfers in the past. Process would be flawless.

Shoot me a message if you get to that point.

Thanks,

Andy

1 Like

This has to be a joke right? There have been many who offered more. Citing mileage allotment isnā€™t a great way to justify lowballing. The whole reason why the payments are low is due to the fact itā€™s cheaper to buy by the mile than to get the higher allocation.

Can this be transferred out of state? I live in a state (VA) that taxes the purchase value of the vehicle at lease start, rather than monthly. Any idea how that would work here?

This can be transferred out of state. Unfortunately I cannot say for sure what will happen. Could you contact your local DMV or BMW Financial to check what will happen?

1 Like

Not kidding at all.

You start doing the math and it is not that great of a deal compared to new ones that they are giving away with more mileage.

Good luck with your sale.

4 Likes

Why donā€™t you just get the one then?

You know what? Iā€™ll play.
Letā€™s forget the partial prorated fees DAS and assume that my mileage overage is worth 1000 I have to cough up for.
This is what a similar car new would look like as per the calculator. I will use this monthā€™s base MF although the month for the deal where the flagship money existed was plenty higher. Note that all calculations are not exact but roughly replicates what the deal may look like that you are suggesting:

With that being said, please show me a new unit with the deal sheet. If you want to get a deal sheet to prove it I can forward you the sales guy that I spoke to in your local region in the Chapman group, but Iā€™m sure they will not get anywhere even close to this deal because they held massive gross even when I tried to negotiate with them months ago when the discounts were around.

I think the issue here isnā€™t so much the deal that you got, which is fine, but that, depending on their tax rate, someone may be paying $2/mile to take over what is (now) a used car.

For NJ, for example, your payment is 693 x 1.0725 + 4400/21 months, which is about $953/month, or $20k over the remaining 21 months. You get 10,500 miles for it, which is $1.90/mile lolā€¦

2 Likes

That is a fair assessment, but if someone wanted a new i8 with laser light and pretty ceramic controls theyā€™ll pay 1.97 a mile for your roadster dealā€¦with no backseats! So Iā€™m not too far. Good thing is whoever takes over soon will reap the rewards of me making another monthā€™s payment very soon.

Sure, but the car will be new and more expensive.

1 Like

Donā€™t the roadsters start at a much higher msrp to begin with? Iā€™d be curious to see what a leftover coupe now would go for this month with similar options.

I apologize that my offer turned into something more than it is not. Your car has been up for the past 30 days and I threw out an offer with an easy transaction. I do not get emotional about doing any sort of deals especially a car deal. Lets just move on.

Just thought Iā€™d throw out a May deal posted here on LHā€¦ for entertainment and comparison for the rough time period OP got his car. I have to say this would probably be gone if it was just MSDs and transfer fee.

Iā€™ve been looking at a lot of i8 deals and it looks like a 2019 Roadster can be had for a total lease cost of about $28,000 with 7 MSDs (Iā€™m in NC so calculating 3% tax) nowadays. So about $1.86/mile.

The total cost of your deal for me would be ($693 * 1.03 * 21) + $4,400 = $19,400 for 10,500 miles which is $1.84/mile.

I get that you value the coupe higher than the roadster but the reality is that the roadster is a more expensive car. Plus itā€™d be a new car as opposed to yours which isnā€™t. Though yours is a very well optioned coupe, itā€™s still less in MSRP than the Roadsters I was mentioning.

To me it seems like you should offer about a 15% discount per mile over those other Roadster deals. That would put a fair total cost at $16,500; which means the down payment would be $1,500 instead of $4,500. Otherwise I donā€™t think anybody will find a reason to get your car over a Roadster deal.

2 Likes