PENDING: [Lease Transfer] '19 BMW 440i xDrive 6MT - $500/mo - $65k MSRP - $1k down + $3.5k MSD - NJ

Considering a transfer out of my 2019 440i xDrive because I have my eye on another car. This is a rare manual transmission-equipped car with a ton of options, including the M Sport, Executive, and Track Handling packages. It is a ton of fun to drive, even more so because of the M Performance exhaust and Burger Motorsports intake. Not looking to make any money, just want to pass on the car to someone who will appreciate it as much as I have.

I rolled the tax into the payment, but whether or not you’ll have to pay tax a second time is subject to your state. Transfer is subject to BMW FS credit approval.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 BMW 440i xDrive M Sport

MSRP: $64,965
Monthly payment (pre-tax): ~$466
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): ~$530 inc tax

Current mileage: 4,100
Maturity mileage: 30,022
Effective miles per month: 810
Maturity date: June 2022

MSD due (if any): $3,500
Cash due (if any): $1,000

Financial institution: BMW FS
Transfer fee: $500
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): yes

Vehicle condition: Zero accidents. Car is in brand-new condition aside from one rock chip in the front bumper. The tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports that still have a ton of life left. Oil was just changed by the local BMW dealer today.

Options:

• 6-speed manual
  • Alpine White paint
  • Coral Red Dakota leather interior
  • M Sport Package
  • Executive Package
  • Track Handling Package
  • Driving Assistance Package
  • Head-up Display
  • Dynamic Digital Cluster
  • Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
  • Black Kidney Grilles
  • Heated Steering Wheel

Other details:

• Genuine BMW M Performance exhaust
  • Stainless steel genuine M Performance exhaust tips
  • Burger Motorsports intake
  • Fullscreen Apple CarPlay mod
  • Various coding tweaks

The $1k due to me is for the modifications listed above (I paid almost $2k for everything with labor). The M Performance exhaust makes the car sound far better - the inline-6 truly sings with it. The BMS intake also improves the engine tone and adds some fun whooshes. I also paid to code fullscreen CarPlay (it can only use up 2/3rds of the screen stock), and coded a bunch of little things myself (some different graphics, folding mirrors when locked, more stuff I’m forgetting). All stock parts included. I also have a set of 18" wheels with Blizzak winter tires I can include for additional cost.

Photos:

1 Like

@conanohasselhof?

I like it (gc would be preferable though) but one 6 speed is enough for me, need something easy to slog to work in. Finally saw a vid at a drag strip run a stock m340xi 12.1 quarter mile. M3 territory for sure. I will eventually get one sub $500 a month sign and drive.
Plus hard to pay way more monthly for essentially the same car even if a pretty solid deal.

Good looking car! Very fair deal and will make someone happy

1 Like

This is false. I just transferred my BMW to a fellow NJ’er and he had to pay a lump sum tax payment to BMWFS on top of the payment that already includes tax rolled in. Just as if you bought a vehicle and resold it later.

Good luck moving it, mine is a similar spec in terms of options and has been sitting, while my payment is much higher, I’ve basically incentivized it down to the same as yours. This really is a beautiful spec you have.

So nice to see MTs. Can’t wait to get back into one eventually.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate - I could have sworn that I’d heard otherwise. Revised the text.

Thanks! I just picked up a set of winter wheels/tires for it so I’ll probably keep it through the winter. Should be pretty good in the snow with the xDrive and the decent ground clearance.

Very clean car. PM’d you.

I swapped into an MB in 2017 (NJ to NJ) - I didn’t have anything additional to pay.

FWIW, the original leasee paid the taxes upfront.

You are absolutely right about no tax for a NJ to NJ transfer…I’ve done 5

I’ve done 1 to NY and no tax too which I thought was odd.

Nice looking ride!

1 Like

Interesting. Does it matter if the taxes were paid upfront or rolled into the payment?

They are always paid upfront in NJ and Ny. You can then choose to roll them into the lease if you want. It works out to be almost the same math as charged on the monthly

Just did this a few weeks ago. Taxes were already rolled into my payment on my 330xi. Guy in my state (NJ) took it over, but BMWFS made him pay $4xx up front for taxes and he still has to pay my full payment each month. I’ll have to see if I come across the letter they copied me on.

Transfer pending.

1 Like