Lease then purchase premium

No I was replying to StingerTT, not interested in a Stinger :laughing:. The lease deal posted is for a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon.

The same concept applies. Do you know the lease programs and incentives?

To me the put option on the value of the car is worth the lease premium. Only takes one car where the market value ends up being significantly below the RV to realize the value of such a put.

This ain’t what I asked, can you post the link to his marketplace thread or spreadsheet so we can see all of the details on offer? DAS, MSRP and monthly are not enough data points to begin to do the math on this.

1 Like

i am considering the same idea. lease a car that i think i want to buy, but have the option of just walking away if it’s not what i expected. writing off a portion of the lease so not the end of the world. big thing too is being in socal if you trade in the purchase, paying the full tax amount vs the trade-in difference is a good chunk of change. problem here is the interest rate is super high. and recognize doing this option is almost inevitably going to be more expensive than just outright buying or just leasing and then walking away.

i personally look at it as the premium paid for having flexibility if the car gets wrecked, or life circumstances change. if the lease is expensive due to poor residual at least it might have some positive equity at the end, but with a high MF that’s just money gone. this is all just my opinion