I’m considering taking over a 2018 BMW 330i with about 9 months left on the lease. The car was bought out of state (CA), then registered in Seattle, WA.
Since this is a very short term lease, I don’t want to be liable for any old damage or wear and tear. Here’s what I have found about charges I’ll owe:
- Scratches/dings on the car (not deep, just surface scratches)
- One scheduled maintenance that the car is due for (since the maintenance plan is non transferable)
Here are my questions:
- The previous lessee had lease protection but BMW told me a transfer may not work for out of state leases. Does anyone have experience with that?
- At what stage should I get the car inspected and by who? Does anyone know how much it costs?
- Are there any other costs I should be aware of?