[Lease] Subaru forester Sport

Hi All,

Long time watcher first time post.
I was eyeing to lease a forester for a while now.
Here are the numbers:

Model: Subaru forester Sport
MSRP: 33033
untaxed incentive (estimated): 3k
After incentive price: 29992
residual: 23,784
lease term: 36 months/ 10k miles a year
Monthly: 354
Drive off: (354 1st month + 595 Acquisition fee + 460 Government fee + 150 doc fee + 2000 total due at signing)
LeaseHackr score: 11 years

The dealer was not willing to provide the breakdown on incentive so I calculated them roughly based on the numbers he provided. What do you guys think about this deal ?

2 Likes

Can you include a link to the filled out calculator? Subaru rarely has incentives beyond loyalty, so I think you might be confusing incentives vs dealer discount. What MF are they using and did you confirm that it’s buy rate?

Also, that residual amount looks suspect, that would give you like a 72% residual and I’m not seeing anything close to that on Edmunds.

Edit: I got bored and plugged everything into the calculator using buy rate MF and 65% residual per Edmunds and this is what I got: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Subaru&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=33033&sales_price=29992&months=36&mf=.00132&dp=0&dealer_fee=150&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=65&reg_fee=460&sales_tax=10.3&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

3 Likes

Did you already sign?

If not make sure you check numbers at Eastside Subaru and Subaru of Puyallup. Plenty of reputable dealers that will give you a transparent breakdown.

4 Likes

No i am searching for good lease option!

Oh sure will check the same thanks!!

“+ 2k at signing”? I’d avoid 2k down and contact other dealers for better pricing. With 2k down, that’s an effective payment of $409. No bueno.

Please also see my comments in this thread Subaru VIP and loyalty options

These are the ways I have found to get reasonable Subie leases in the past.

Thanks for your help!!!

1 Like