Lease #'s Review - GMC Acadia

U said CO is rough it’s pretty pathetic here in UT asking for 10% off before incentives they act like u murdered there whole family.

3 Likes

Thanks in advance for reading my ramblings below!

-I am a current GMC Lessee
-I am a Costco member
-I am a USAA member fwiw

Trying to understand Rebate/Incentive verbiage relating to GM vs. what Edmunds is reporting. The verbiage nor amounts match up…

Here are available incentives per my local dealers website. I understand there are variables between lease or purchase and some are stack-able and some are not:
-GM Lessee Loyalty Cash Allowance
-Select Market Competitive Cash
-Select Market Bonus Cash
-Customer Cash
-Purchase Bonus Cash (Obv purchase)
-APR Deal with GMC Finance (Obv purchase)

Per Edmunds here is whats available:
-Lease Cash
-Customer Invcentive

Using the example below; can you guys help me with getting this all straightened out?

*What all can I stack?

2019 Chevrolet Traverse LT Leather
MF: .00161
Residual: 61%

Listed on dealers website(again, I know not all stack, I want to confirm what does):
-GM Lessee Loyalty Cash Allowance $2000
-Select Market Competitive Cash $2000
-Select Market Bonus Cash $750
-Customer Cash $2000

Straight from Edmunds (Is this different then any of the above?)
“.00161 MF and 61% residual. $750 customer incentive”

Edmunds forums only ever seems to post the base CCR and not all of the other incentives that you may qualify for, so it’s basically useless. You can check here;

But I prefer asking the dealer when it comes to GM because it can be so confusing. Just ask what the incentives you qualify for are…I have never once had an issue getting any GM dealer to tell me the incentives and I’ve worked with 40-50 different dealers. They have no reason to hide them. Then ask 2-3 other dealers so you have confirmation. All of the stories should be straight.

As a general rule (there may be some exceptions), anything referred to as “bonus cash” or “standalone” on the autobytel or Edmunds incentive pages refers to purchase only. Anything you see with “CCR” listed or “cap cost reduction” can be used towards a lease. Conquest or Loyalty bonuses may use the term “bonus cash” but can be applied to either purchase or lease, unless the description says otherwise. Make sure the incentive matches up with the term you are looking for though. Sometimes they list the same incentive multiple times for 24, 36, 39 months, etc.

Quick November 1st update…

These last few weeks I have expanded my search to include all the Chevy variations (Equinox, Blazer, Traverse) in addition to the Acadia. I have included every single model/trim as well. As I dig deeper and am finally starting to grasp the nuances of leases I realize that the incentives/rates for October just weren’t very good at all in my region.
The best overall option (and last on our list of interest) was the Equinox LT at $3K incentives, .00059 MF and 57% residual. I almost pulled the trigger on a demo last night but curiosity of what this month might bring prevented me from doing it.
We’ll see what November looks like.
Thanks.
Mark

Don’t forget GMC Terrain if you’re also looking at Equinox.

1 Like

Deal below +$700 from Costco
0% apr 72/mo + another $3000 if you buy

Can not recommend a GM purchase in good faith, unless it has positive equity from day 1. Even at $10k off it wouldn’t…

1 Like

Numbers work on a lease as well I think