Lease return query

Hi Everyone,

My lease going to end soon and need to plan the return. I am still doubtful whether i wud go for a new car or just return it for now (since travel has been reduced considerably and not sure when I will be going back to office).

I have GLE350 and location is California. Recently there was a crack on windshield like less than quarter coin and insurance tried to repair but i still see like a small dot.

I did buy their DingShield and Wear and Tear which says covers upto $7500.

Will Mercedes let off or they require windshield to be replaced in such cases?
I am not sure, if windshield covers the wear and tear like here.

Any suggestions/comments appreciate. Thank you.

What do the T&C’s of the paperwork say? If you don’t have it, you might want to call your originating dealer to get it first.

If you repaired it, I think you will be fine.

If you repaired it, I think you will be fine.

Thank you. As i said, insurance tried to repair but I still see a small dot though.

Thank you. The Additional Wear and Tear purchase doesn’t actually mention specifics. Need to check with Dealer as you said. But this will apply upon return only.

Return only. MBFS lease protection does cover Windshields. How small is this dot?

May be like a whiteboard marker pen dot or slightly less than that.

My Benz has wheel and tire wear and tear but I also have wheel and tire coverage, I am wondering if I can use that allowance from the coverage to change or fix damaged tires/rims before turning in the vehicle at lease end. Thoughts?

That’s the whole point of the coverage

I thought the coverage was for incidents of damage while using the vehicle and having to go to the service center for repairs/replacements. not for replacement of tires/rims right before lease return. Thank you very much for your input. I appreciate it.

Who returns cars these days? :joy:. #Carvana

I thought the coverage was for incidents of damage while using the vehicle and having to go to the service center for repairs/replacements. not for replacement of tires/rims right before lease return. Thank you very much for your input. I appreciate it.

You got both the DingShield (3rd Party) and Wear And Tear? Wow they got you good.

Wear&Tear in Mercedes covers everything but the wheels after you get it inspected.
Ding Shield will cover fixing before you return it.

So don’t worry about that windshield, and it looks like it covers a missing Key Fob? ($200 Ebay Price BTW)

Wear and Tear usually covers minor stuff like 4" dents or scuffed bumpers or broken windshields.

Where did you get the Wheels and Tires Warranty? Is that original mercedes?

It’s a specific coverage for wheels and tires. Yes from Mercedes Benz.

That one only covers the tires and wheels themselves, similar to what you get from Costco Plus Towing.
They do not cover when the tires are low, so you will still be on the hook for tires at the lease end (Assuming your tires are at 3/32")

Thank you very much for being so helpful