Lease return issue-Non Essesntial business shut down

I don’t see the dealers being flooded. I have 5 family members laid off or cut to part time. I don’t think many people will be running to dealers no?

1 Like

Try talking to the captive. They will have the final say in this. Dealers can only do so much.

Do what is best for your financial situation.

There are still cars being totaled every day and others breaking down where the repairs are so costly it doesn’t make any sense.

With production stopped, inventory actually becomes valuable.

Just my two cents prediction that anyone needing a new car on day one of resumption is probably going to pay a high price.

Depends on severity of recession/(maybe depression). Will credit be available, how many people will be out of a job, how many people lose car to repo/voluntarily turn car in. Also driving is way down (look at NYC traffic, or lack thereof, on google maps right now) way fewer cars are being totaled. And with less driving comes less wear and tear/maintenance needs.

If the bank is unavailable to take possession of their asset at the end of the contract period, how is that his fault? Seems fair to me that he not pay for the extra month. Think of it as the storage fees for holding the bank’s asset for them.

1 Like

How is that unfair? That is unfair because what if the client doesn’t want or need to keep the car for another month? Being forced to retain the car for another month is extremely unfair.

1 Like

Only charge for miles used at the contracted mileage rate would be a fair solution.

3 Likes

This solution makes sense.

1 Like

What about insurance requirements and any damages if incurred?

Just throwing it out there

Which one?

I think its pretty fair…

1 Like

i’d write them a certified letter with a cc to your lawyer telling them you’re grounding the car and the lease is over as per the terms of your lease. say that the car is safely parked at______, you may come to get it at your convenience, please give me 24 hours notice. Then don’t pay them another cent

1. cause everyone has a lawyer on retainer
  2. what @Qbrozen said

This thread is useless. OPs captive told him what to do. Fair or unfair, that’s what he has to do. Arguing about it on an Internet forum is pointless, as there isn’t another option with the dealers being closed. Call them and try to sway their decision. Whining in this thread is not going to help you.

Take them to small claims court after the fact if you feel it is unfair, when court is back in session

the car is their responsibility i the lease is up and you try to drop it off but cant. If its damaged, that’s on them. hey, you do what you want; i’m not responsible for this. let nancy pelosi pay for it

1 Like

good grief that is bad advice! And then it gets vandalized or stolen or … while sitting there and now you are on the hook. No, no, no. You can’t just leave it somewhere. Probably the worst possible thing you could do.

3 Likes

In times like these, how can you expect fairness to play a role in every aspect of life? Some are better off than others. Advantages and disadvantages come to all.
People tend to take their needs so personal instead of looking at the overall picture. Yes OP and others face hardships because of a car lease, but consider the hardships outside of car leasing that others face. You can’t satisfy everyone.
Although unfortunate, people need to take a step back and learn to deal with the fact that we haven’t faced an outbreak or quarantine before. There’s a learning curve and we all must put in our part, albeit it won’t be fair for everyone.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t leave it unattended.

I spoke to them they are offering a 7 day grace period. If the vehicle is not returned by 4/5 they would need a payment.

1. cause everyone has a lawyer on retainer

2. what @Qbrozen said

This thread is useless. OPs captive told him what to do. Fair or unfair, that’s what he has to do. Arguing about it on an Internet forum is pointless, as there isn’t another option with the dealers being closed. Call them and try to sway their decision. Whining in this thread is not going to help you.

Take them to small claims court after the fact if you feel it is unfair, when court is back in session

2 Likes

Ultimately I think it would be fair if we at least split the cost. It’s challenging times for all so yes we should all work together. I wasn’t looking to whine, I was looking for advice

Call them back and ask to split the cost then. There is no other advice right now with everything being closed. Like I said, if you want to fight the merits of your contract, pay them now and file a claim against them in small claims court when things open back up and try to recoup your cost. Hiring a lawyer for such a pittance will cost you more than just paying them.

Considering that nobody here works for “Fusion Auto Financing”, this thread is relatively pointless. You need to take it up with them. Nobody here can help you. Additional posting here will simply continue to beat an already dead horse. Please PM me when you have an update from the lessor and I will reopen this topic. Until then, there is no reason for more armchair lawyers to provide imprudent advice

3 Likes