Lease return damage cost

When you’re at the dealer, see if you can check out a loaner car. I promise you, it probably is in better condition wise than this Alfa.

1 Like

The challenge is and will always be dealer network. They struggled adding Fiat points, moved Maserati stores in several big cities, and Alfa - which was a late launch. FCA dealer groups and principles who added Fiat stores for that (late, botched launch) and the same for Alfa. At least many Mitsubishi stores cashed in on 3000GTs and Monteros before they died in their sleep.

Can you pay the bills just selling and servicing (again and again) Alfa with that declining market share?

If they allowed some combinations of the brands everywhere, they might have a better shot. But FCA has a 67% arranged marriage with Renault to focus on right now.

I kind of miss the lancer not lying. Might be the JDM fanboy in me, but maybe screw leasing and I might just buy and mod a 2015 Lancer final edition, like just checking autotempest, they are high 20s for a good condition clean title 2015.

1 Like

How could I forget the Evo?

They made some great cars, and they were as reliable as any Japanese car and had 10y/100k warranties. But they made A LOT of stinkers (Lancer Sportback) and the best knock-off grand Cherokee: the Endeavor.

In many ways, FCA is a victim of timing and terrible parenting. But they seem to find new, big mistakes to make every year.

Good sir, may I present to you the Mirage g4? The gear shifter uses a flipping cable. I mean it’s 15k, but still…

A car that got many, many of its owners laid

I will take Mitsubishi reliability over Maserati or Alfa any day, but any Mitsubishi dealers parts dept probably pays all the bills (first), followed by service. Sales frequently operates more like BHPH (bring your pay stubs and electric bills).

Most of that can literally be buffed out. The remaining damage could be within the tolerance.

I have a orbital polisher too. I may just try to buff it out until it is less noticeable.

I had a couple bad experiences with used cars, unfortunately. I’m the type of person who’d probably go nuts if I leased a rattle box!

Why would you file a claim for something so small?

1 Like

This is my first lease. Not sure how much something would cost upon turning it in.

If you’re taking it to a body shop you’re better off paying cash out of pocket for small repairs

1 Like

Get an estimate.

Also, you’ll be wise to get a pre-return inspection which will estimate the cost for repair.

Make your decision then. Don’t assume the cost. Might be lower than you think.