Lease return damage and pre-inspection

Hi All,

The lease is on my Alfa Romeo Guilia is almost about to end. Also, my lease is up on Jun 30th so the post is too late, just trying to check if I can and should do anything before returning the car. I think I have a 7 day no fee window to return the car.

1. I called up for pre-inspection check, they said they won’t do any, that was a bit of a shock, have you guys had any issues with Ally before.

2. Also, I have 2 wheel curb rashes that are just above 2 inch, very slightly visible outside of the credit card. I just checked an independent shop and they quoted 150$ per wheel, which I feel is what the dealer will also most likely charge me as well so I’m considering just letting them do the work, any thoughts ?

3. Once I return the car and they do the inspection, will I have a choice to get it fixed by the shop of my choice or is my only option to just pay the billed amount since I have already returned the car ?

Thanks,
Prasad

All inspections have been paused because of COVID-19. Has been the case since March. Some places may be doing it, but it’s the exception not the norm.

What is Ally’s normal wear/tear policy? They do state what the limits are. Dealer has no say in this - it’s the inspection company that estimates it and then Ally bills you (as Ally is the owner). If you really want to fix it, shop around. $150/wheel is on the high side.

:point_up_2: it’s not your car. Even more more so since you’ve already turned it in. You get the bill, you can try contesting or negotiating it, but it’s up to the lessor.

All inspections have been paused because of COVID-19. Has been the case since March. Some places may be doing it, but it’s the exception not the norm.

Makes sense, I thought so, just wanted to confirm.

What is Ally’s normal wear/tear policy?

Its less than 2" or a repair less than 100$. and both of them are between 2-2.5" so technically they can charge me for the repair. if I don’t find anything cheaper than 150$ or a price worth my efforts then I will let them bill me.

You get the bill, you can try contesting or negotiating it, but it’s up to the lessor.

got it :+1:

My question is somewhat related, so posting it here.
My car just starting showing “maintenance required” and I have to turn in mine in 2 weeks. Am I responsible for doing this oil change now. 24 month lease, alfa.

Short answer - yes. Lessors will bill you for any unresolved maintenance/warning lights at turn-in, especially if it’s past due. Check your contract terms if you want to be sure.

1 Like