Lease Return Charge BMW - Fight or not?

Hello. Returned my first leased BMW and was told there was a windshield ding that would be covered and that I should’t be surprised by the tire bill since I had put new tires that were not run flats. I can accept the tire charge because I was told it would happen and I understand that. I recently received my bill that was $1,200 more than expected because of the windshield that I was told would be covered.

My question is:

Is there any way to fight this? I understand that BMW only covers up to $1,000 per item with the lease protection plan, but this seems to be told this by the dealership only to have a surprise cost of $1,200. OR is this just how it goes and I should give it up?

Thanks in advance.

Were you told the ding would be covered by the dealership or by the inspector when you got a pre-inspection done?

Always get a pre-inspection done.

1 Like

did you ground it? most insurance companies cover new windshields.

Didn’t do a pre-inspection, just the inspection when I turned it in. He told me it would be covered…

So maybe this is just an expensive lesson? Get a pre-inspection…

What does “ground it” mean? :slight_smile:

ground it means you turned it in, so I was asking if you still have the car.

Always do a pre inspection…insurance would have covered the windshield…if you are leasing another one BMW will work with you on the charges.

Yeah, get that now in hindsight… not leasing another BMW.

Yes, I grounded it.

it is what it is now unfortunately.