Lease Return Advice - BMW 330xdrive

Looking to the community for advice. I’m based out of NC, and I have a 2019 BMW 330x drive lease that is coming to an end in Jan 2023. My buyout is about $34k. The car has 16k miles on it - and is generally in great condition - except for the fact that I need new tires. Before buying new tires, I’m debating whether I want to keep the car or not (don’t want to spend $1500 on tires and give the car back).

I have been trying to shop around for a new lease, and it’s just awful. Really struggling to get any meaningful deal with any discount off MSRP and incentives are almost non-existent. I’ve been spoiled, and this website really helped me negotiate an awesome deal for my current BMW. With an MSRP of $57k, I got about a 15% discount plus $4500 in incentives with a base MF - all for a final monthly payment of $398. This makes it really hard to get into a new lease when the best offers i’m getting are double that.

I’m reluctant to buy it out because when I got the car - the engine seized up within the first week - and it was back at BMW for 5 weeks. Finally they fixed it, and within the week, something else broke because when they fixed the engine they got coolant somewhere they shouldn’t have, and so it was back in the shop for another 3 weeks. Since then I’ve had no problems - but the ptsd remains.

Would love some advice - this has been my first lease - should I buy it, and wait for the market to clear up a little, Should I just get slap some used tired on it, return it and buy a used camry? The tire situation is what’s causing the urgency (also, hate the fact that I need new tires at 15k miles). Any other thoughts?

Have you thought about extending your lease? It should give you some time to figure out your next move.

Are you looking to get into another BMW? If yes, check out broker deals in the Marketplace.

The used car market is still inflated, IMO. Give it a few more months for prices to keep dropping. Interest rates for used cars are also pretty high at the moment.

The good news is that you have time on your hands.

1 Like

Didn’t realize extending the lease was an option - is that an option if I don’t end up in a new BMW? I can ask - that would require me to buy new run flats, which is also a pain.

Buy used tires from somewhere like utires.com for the lease return.

1 Like

I’m literally in the same boat as you with my 2020 330i xdrive. To get the same car in today’s lease world, we’d be paying almost $650/month or so.

Good luck friend. Turning it back in, or keeping it?

I’m not going to keep it under any circumstance. I’ve already had quite a few issues and a massive coolant leak in the two years I’ve drove it. I’m probably going to sell it to the BMW dealer or possibly use the equity to get an upgrade / switch cars completely. Absolutely take advantage of your equity though.

The inflated RV hurts but with the low miles it’s still worth checking if some BMW dealer will buy it outright and cut you a check.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.