Lease or Finance 2022 Mercedes Benz S580 Sedan

This is why I unloaded our 2019 almost a year before lease end (no equity at the time in April 2021) for a 2020 $127K car leasing for $1300 with maintenance included. I knew the numbers on the 21-22 would be atrocious.

1 Like

Different market now and a completely redesigned, brand new model. Although, $2400 is a lot of money.

I will stop by the dealer today and try to get the car for 5% off MSRP and see what happens.

Cool car and one of my favorites in the segment. I’d also favor lease not because of it being the best deal.

1. No need to figure out diminish value if in an accident
  2. Sales tax savings
  3. Residual is a gamble during these times.

While you’re at it, ask for a 30 day test drive. I’m sure they will be very receptive.

2 Likes

Why would they agree to this after you already ordered at msrp ?

I don’t think there’s a dealer in the country that is selling this car for under MSRP at the moment. Lucky to get it at MSRP. If you really truly want this car, I would bite the bullet. Personally, I don’t think the redesign is nice enough to warrant the premium but to each their own.

1 Like

A conversation you should have had before you placed an order :man_facepalming:

I’m sure the dealer will be willing to discount it another $7,410 on a special ordered hard to find model out of the goodness of their heart.

1 Like

Not a chance. You’re asking to go on a first date and the two of you have already married.

You miss 100% of the shots you dont take right?

when you order the car, there is zero obligation, generally since you are leasing they do not even talk MF, residual, discount, until the car arrives, I have purchased 2 other S classes, and 1 G wagon from this dealer and it was always like that, no matter what I will try, first things first is to see the car in-person and see how it makes me feel,

2 Likes

I’m confused. Did you special order this vehicle or did you put a deposit down to hold a vehicle that was allotted to the dealer? I’m assuming it’s the latter otherwise you would have already locked in the price with the factory order. Have you bought any of your previous vehicles in the last year? Given it’s a brand new model and that supplies are limited, don’t be surprised if they aren’t as flexible.

:fu: OP can ask for 50% off and walk away financially unharmed if he wants to.

1 Like

I just paid a $1000 deposit which is refundable and picked the exact options I wanted. They didn’t lock in any price, we never even talked about price,

last two cars I leased was in April and May of 2020 from Lexus for parents,

Hey if this has worked for you, I dont think you need our permission.

I am in the boat, where sometimes dealers wont negotiate even before I order a car.

So I got the car, basically $2000 off MSRP, payment ended up at $2323 a month for 48 months, 10k miles, 5000 drive off. I think the lease made more sense than the finance,

8 Likes

So you will be paying over $116k for the four years. The question is whether the car will be worth more than $31k after four years. Unless used car prices take a big dive, financing probably would have been less expensive.

No MSDs to reduce MF?

$31k isn’t really the right number to compare to - you need to consider the taxes he’d pay on a purchase plus the interest paid over 4 years.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.