Lease now or extend current lease and wait for better deals at end of the year?

So my lease on my 2017 Lexus NX will end by July 20 (I can extend it up to 6 months). I wanted to get into a XC60 due to the $3000 lease cash and Costco incentive by June 30. But it seems like dealers are not discounting preincentive as much now plus the high MF (have to use 10 MSDs in order to make a good deal). So can better deals be had around Nov/Dec on these vehicles (maybe even 2021s) even if the Costco incentive is not there? Are there better incentives and discounts towards end of the year and better MF?

Quite frankly, nobody knows. Flipping a coin will give as accurate of a guess as anyone’s opinion here.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Impossible to tell. However, historically Dec is a good time for incentives.

1 Like

Nobody knows what the programs will be after this month. I suspect :crystal_ball: the incentives won’t be any better for Volvo this year than they have been during Costco, especially in the midwest. And who knows what inventory will look like then. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

What I don’t like about extending is you’re paying new car payments for a three+ year old car. The first year of the lease is a better value than the last year because you pay the same even though depreciation is more. In the fourth year the car is depreciating even less yet you still have the same payment.

1 Like

You can terminate your 6 month extension anytime, so sign up and take it month to month. The odds are good at some point in the next 6 months you will come across a deal you like.

Ya my current lease is really a good one and it is hard to come close to it now. 2017 Lexus Nx200t with MSRP of $45000 and paying $284/mo for 36/10. Drive off was $1400 (Includes Acq fee, dmv, etc) and did max MSD of $2700.

1 Like