Lease new crossover/SUV in 2024 Market

To actually really benefit from leasing, you have to be agnostic towards brands. For example: The 2020 Acura MDX was the best 3-row SUV lease program at one point. Now it’s the Nissan Pathfinder. BMW programs were the best at one point. Now they are not. It changes month to month

To find the best programs, keep an eye on the LH front page, “Marketplace” and “Shared Deals”

You maximize the equity of your lease return by selling to the bidder who can write you the biggest check.

1 Like

$23,000 is the buyout/residual. What the car is worth to Acura at the end of the lease

I’m biased a little for Acura since i’ve been with them for a few leases. I dont mind switching to another brand to lease, but I haven’t found anyone who offers as good a deal. Ex. in 2017, I asked honda a lease price for a CRV. Even though it was a cheaper vehicle than an RDX, they couldn’t match the lower lease payments that Acura offered. Same with Volvo.

I have gone through two Acura leases. Similar to you zero down with 12K/36 months. 2018 RDX Base AWD at $365/month including tax and 2020 MDX Base AWD at $420/month including tax. Both were very good deals for the market and the loyalty factor for the MDX made it better. You can’t get close to replicating either of these deals with a new Acura even if I received an $8K check for my current MDX (which I won’t get in this market) and put it down as a down payment (which I would never do). The closest you get, as stated above, is Pathfinder, CX-9, and Grand Cherokee L. No matter what, you are likely paying more these days for the equivalent vehicle. If you love Acura your best bet TODAY is to buy out your lease at the end. In the future, it may be different as Acura inventory levels (particularly for the MDX) is starting to creep up. That being said, we will need MASSIVE manufacturer incentives and reduced money factors to get anywhere near the old days (think rates below 2% and likely $10-15K off in incentives).

2 Likes

I totally agree. Hopefully the Money factor goes down. My current rate is 1.9% but my mom just got a new RDX lease and hers is 7%! She’s paying nearly $8k for the interest alone. If cars are still in shortage next year, I’d definitely look at Mazda. Thanks

Fed raised rates so your hope is going to be a long wait. That 7% is probably hitting 8 or 9 soon.

2 Likes

Praying that’s not the case lol

That’s really here nor there. Just because an RDX was better than an awful quote on a CRV doesn’t mean it was the best deal at the time.

I don’t really believe in loyalty to a corporation either. They don’t GAF about you as a person. Just look out for your own interests as a consumer in a capitalist economy.

If anything the consumer best served by repetitive leases for a decade would have been a BMW lessee with CCA membership. Aside from one deal (clearance deals on an almost obsolete 2020 MDX), Acura couldn’t hold a candle to that lifecycle.

I’m sure there were better lease deals out there. But comparing a CX5, Subaru, or something similar agaisnt Acura seems night and day.

Predicting the market is difficult but predicting interest rates in the short term is pretty simple. They are staying higher than your previous lease for the remainder of 2023.

2 Likes

Absolutely for consistency BMW X5 has really been at the top. It is one of the vehicles where you can actually tell the additional monthly payment is going towards a real driving experience not just some additional tech and leather surfaces. Some of what makes the MDX great (decent resale, reliability, best front-biased handling) is more important to long-term owner than a lease. It just so happened the leases in that window of time were fantastic.

1 Like

Exactly, if you want to buy out the car now, it’s more so you may not have as much equity on it like you had assumed.

Yeah, if I buy it out now, I may break even after reselling for equity.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.