Lease Maintenance Question

Hey guys,

I’m local to the Los Angeles area and wanted to pose a question I haven’t been able to get much info on… I’m looking into leasing one of BMW/Audi/Merc/Alfa in the 330i/A4//etc. segment and I’m curious to know over the course of a 3-year lease which manufacturer I’m likely to have the best experience with when it comes to maintenance costs and general heartache.

Not sure if this is specific to dealerships or not but wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any advice on this topic. All I really know is that BMW offers some complimentary service but last I heard that only really covered oil changes is that correct?

I’m no expert just something on top of my head.

I don’t think you will need any major maintenance before 40k on all these cars but I could be wrong. BMW is basically free unless you ride through brakes and tires etc.

Audi offers first maintenance free I believe, and pre-paid maintenance plan is residualized (at least on certain models)

Not familiar with Mercedes but we have dealers and brokers here may answer you better than I do.

1 Like

They’re all in the same class and if you’re doing a 3yr lease they’ll all be under warranty during that period.
Each offer a maintenance plan but you’re usually better off having it done yourself.

Wear and tear you might run into is tires and breaks but only if you drive hard. Take care of it and you shouldn’t run into this issue. I wouldn’t be concerned with maintenance as the reason to choose one brand over the next.

1 Like

Well that rules Alfa out.

1 Like

Volvo does first 3 as well.

BMW used to cover everything except tires basically. Now it’s like you said basically oil changes. On my two bmws I have the upgraded maintenance which covers brake services and some other things I can’t remember off the top of my head. The only reason I did so was that on one of my previous bmws, I had $2300 worth of brake services done to my car at 24k that was covered.

1 Like

$2300 of brake services at 24k? Please elaborate.