Lease Inspection Recourse

You can buy a leased car. Lots of people do it on here if they have +equity. Call Chrysler find out what the buy out quote is and go to carmax, or even easier check carvana and vroom to see how much they’d buy the car for.

That’s BMW’s free maintenance as part of your warranty. If you happen to wear down the tires on your BMW to 2-3/32nds, they will charge you for it just like Chrysler did, and as they should.

1 Like

Based on what? Unless the brake replacement indicator is on and pads need to be actually be replaced they will not.

1 Like

Will BMW hit you up for low battery warning for key fob? Do I need to find batteries for the fob before returning. Warning light for low key fob battery appears when I start it up.

If you’re not trolling, Target has key fob batteries for like 5$. I watched a Youtube video for my wife’s Subaru and did it in a couple minutes.

Just look up what type of battery it takes, they all pretty much look the same but some have different specifications that are needed for certain fobs.

Why would I be trolling? Serious question as Im returning my BMW next month. Thanks for the info, Ill check Target and what battery the fob takes.

Its definitely not worth rolling the dice over $5 of them wanting to take a closer look at things because a light is on.

My bad, based on what’s been going on in this thread I thought you were trying to make a joke :smiley:

You drove a vehicle for 3 years and never inspected it? :hushed: per drivers ed and the owners manual you should routinely inspect many things on your vehicle that affect safety and operation.

Where did you take it for oil changes? Usually dealer service departments do a basic inspection including tire tread depth. That would have alerted you to an alignment issue on the first inspection if it wasn’t set correctly at the factory.

2 Likes

OP is calling BS on tire wear. Don’t you think that when the light appears on Month 35 on his new BMW and he is handed a $$$ bill, he’s going to NOT call BS?

Next thread: took a BMW in for just an oil change and now they’re recommending a wheel alignment… are they full of crap or what?

3 Likes

Despite some people’s paranoia, the brake pad wear sensors are an analog system that doesn’t trigger during month 35, unless by coincidence.

2 Likes

I’m also going with Posters screaming about how his tires wore on one side. (Which is also out of norm). Since ‘normal’ cars don’t have a ELECTRONIC brake wear sensor (That Jeep didn’t I bet) , when it goes off and requires Poster to change his brakes, he’s not going to be happy about it. Month 35 or Month 2.

Yes, they certainly do. There’s a wear tab on the pad which rubs on the rotor when the pad thickness is at the service limit.

The metal pad wear tab performs the exact same function as an electronic wear pad sensor.

https://www.bendix.com.au/bendix-news/brake-wear-sensors-depth

You know when you hear breaks squeaking? That’s the “sensor” on older cars and even new ones.

1 Like

Sorry ELECTRONIC sensor that the inspector can see and charge you for.

Apart from getting a new car every 3 years what the hell is the point of leasing if you’re going to be handed charges on what most consider normal wear and usage?

Tires are a normal consumable.

Do you get mad when you have to fill the gas tank? Gas is a consumable too.

4 Likes

I know this doesn’t help you however in NJ this falls under normal wear. I had this happen to me and although the inspection brought up my tires, they did not charge me.

Just have them replace it for free at your next service. They do it once a year (not sure if dealer or corporate program) for me. Audi did it for me too with my prior.

1 Like