Lease Eval - Palisade AWD SEL

After getting several ridiculously high quotes ($540 and up) on a Sorento SX AWD, I decided to look into lease options an a Palisade SEL AWD. Here’s the best offer I’ve gotten today. My numbers came in around $518. Taxes in IL are funky and I’m not 100% on how to calculate since every quote seems a little different.

Thoughts on the offer? Should I push on the selling price?

1. MSRP: $37,660
  2. Selling Price: $35,930
  3. Cap Cost: $38,492 (Dealer wouldn’t differentiate if gross or adjusted cap)
  4. Incentives: $500
  5. Money Factor: .00171
  6. Residual: 62%
  7. Lease Term: 36 months
  8. Mileage: 10K
  9. Tax $1599.30 (IL - Cook County 8.25%) | Doc Fee $300 | E-file $25.00 | $15 Cook County Tax | Acquisition Fee $650

I don’t know the MF in your region, but you should absolutely sign this deal if you like the vehicle.

The money factor is.00171.

The dealer is being extremely fair with this deal. Whether you like the car / payment is up to you, but they are discounting it about as good as any Hyundai dealer is for the Palisade.

(Yes, I’m sure there are dealers who would discount more, but a much larger majority wouldnt).

Chicago is one of the markets where much more aggressive deals have been coming out of, although though the most aggressive I have seen have been on fwd models.

1 Like

I would suggest to get a breakdown of that $2k+ “additional charges”.

It’s itemized in the lower left corner

My bad! It was being blocked by the image info black bar on the phone. Looks close to invoice pricing. Better than what most people are seeing!

Agreed. I think there are better deals possible, but this is still better than 90% of what’s out there.

Thanks for the feedback. What are the odds the Hyundai incentives improve next week when the calendar flips?

They’ve been dropping over the past few months (they ditched the $500 conquest rebate when the MSRP went up). I’d be surprised if the lease one went away entirely, but I would be surprised if they got better. Production was halted for a bit due to the corona virus, so supply is temporarily down.