Lease ending, are these ridiculously high offers for real?

I would go with Honda, the hassle of trying to get 33k will more than likely be 31. And it ain’t worth it.

3 Likes

Officially sold today to Honda Dealership. No disposition fee was charged. Just dealer buyout straight up, no other fees.

1 Like

Yep exactly. Sold and signed bill of sale today. Thanks everyone for the help!

Was the dealer’s buyout equal to your buyout?

Yes. The buyout was equally the same for me and the dealer.

1 Like

Well, hopefully you wont get a bill in the mail from Honda for disposition, but don’t be surprised if you do.

1 Like

I didn’t read this entire thread so forgive me…
You got a great deal on what you WERE driving.
But now tell us what you bought/leased to replace them. I suspect they were no bargain.

1 Like

Damn. I hope the acquisition agent ain’t lying. He repeated earlier that there’s no disposition fee.

Agreed. Got a beast of a deal for the lease and a great deal selling it.
Great car too, loved the 6MT 2.0, really wanted to keep it but when an opportunity like this arises it’s hard to pass up. I haven’t replaced it yet, it was a secondary car. But I plan on getting a Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD. Every dealer around me charges 2-3k markup except 1 dealer which obviously doesn’t have any inventory. Talked to Jim but I don’t think I can stomach the 1.5k markup plus the 1.5k shipping and 500 broker fee. I’m in no rush so we’ll see what comes around, might just purchase at MSRP if fate allows it. Equity in hand, ready to pounce! But you’re right, no bargain at this time.:sweat_smile:

But I know I’ll definitely miss driving stick, I have my heart set on a Miata down the road when everything makes sense again.

1 Like

I’m looking for a solution to my car too, do you have to deal with the title as well?

How would you recoup the tax in CA? 7 days is a tight window if not selling to a dealer with no third party. Have 12k equity in my Audi but likely wouldnt get title fast enough to flip within 7 days no?

It’s 10 days from getting new title, so once the title is mailed you have 10 days to sell it.

Wouldnt you need title possession to sell?

Yes you do but the 10 day clock starts upon mailing date…so maybe that’s where the idea of 7 days came from, a few days to mail it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.