Lease end Questions

Hello,

I have a 2018 atlas lease ending at the end of December, and i was trying to sell it to carmax which they agreed for 26k.

My payoff amount is 19k and I understand that a dealer payoff is different but i was shock when VW told them it was 25890, technically killing the equity on my vehicle.

My question is since i went over 9 thousand miles if i sell my vehicle directly to a vw dealership which btw get a better payoff quote from VW would i be responsible for the extra mileage? Or would it be the same like selling it to carmax ?

The VW dealer would be buying your car as is and you would not be responsible for paying the excess miles (same as carmax). You would only be responsible if your car was processed as a lease return back to the dealer, but then you wouldn’t be getting any equity back as you are returning it, not selling it to them.

1 Like

Does VW is obligated to share the Dealer buyout amount wit me?

No, they don’t have to. Also, VW dealers don’t have to offer you the going price/rate if they are going to buy your lease. So even if a VW dealer will get a better purchase price from VWC, don’t assume the dealer is going to offer you “market rate”.

One example below, but there are quite a few threads around VW Credit and selling leases. Search around.