Lease end options bmw

Hi Hackers,

I am approaching end of my first ever Lease. 2019 330i in August. I am almost 10k miles under( did not drive much in covid) What would be my best option in this case. Should I sell to Carvana who is offering me $1500 over the lease payout or work with dealer to give me a better deal on new lease since this car is way under mileage. Seeking help from lease gurus.

1 Like

Lots of options, several that may involve some more homework

• You could extend this lease, if needed
  • If you just turn-in the BMW (you won’t)

Disposition: $350 (waived for a new bmw lease, also if you trade it in or sell it) and

Best case, grounding the car gets you $300 :-1:t2::-1:t2:

• Good that you separated the old lease and got a Carvana quote - did you get other quotes and theirs was highest? If not I’d get all the quotes.
  • The trick here will be timing: normally I’d focus on the new lease and leave the trade for the end. Very curious what others think/suggest in June 2021 (and no other time), but I’d probably do my research, make them a fair/reasonable/June 2021 offer first on the new one, and wait to discuss the trade after they counter. :man_shrugging:t2: The trade is now something they want, but will have to see (like always), and gives the dealership more flexibility with the numbers in your overall deal. It can be to both your benefit if it’s not entirely to your detriment.

Option 3: extend the current lease since now is a horrible time to be trying to get a new lease.

1 Like

Do you know for how many months bmwfs allows to extend? Asking since I will have to pay tag renewal and if it is just 2-3 months that will be money lost.

You won’t be able to extend it for very long without a new bmw order in place.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.