Lease end coming- buy and keep, return, or?

Hello! I have a 2020 Hyundai Ioniq plug in hybrid, leased in March 2020 and the lease ends this coming March. I am not sure what to do. I could buy it from Hyundai Motor Finance right away for 17,668 (buyout quote as of today, good until 12/11/22). It only has 18228 miles on it and it’s in excellent shape. I’m wondering, could I buy it from Hyundai Finance, and then sell it for well over the amount of my buyout payment? Am I wasting money by being indecisive as prices are coming down now? I’d rather have a different PHEV with better battery range, or maybe even a full EV; this is the reason I am not totally sure about buying this perfectly nice Ioniq. Advice much appreciated! Thank you.

What offers have you got for a price to sell it?

None yet, but haven’t advertised it anywhere…

No need to advertise. Get purchase quotes from all the online places so you have some idea if buying and selling is even an option

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Anything out there in the market won’t be cheap. You have weigh that against sticking with what you have, even if it’s not the ideal car.

Good point! I’ve been looking at used cars I’m interested in and there are some but with a lot more miles on them than mine. Thanks!

Watchout if you buy it, hyundai and kia have been doubling the taxes on buyouts

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.