Lease-end buyout of a '23 EV = would it qualify for the ev rebate?

I’m curious about your opinion on this scenario: My lease for the '23 Bolt EV is nearly up, and it’s only clocked 2600 miles. In California, a car with under 7500 miles is categorized as “new.” If I choose to execute the lease-end buyout through a dealership, even if it involves an additional processing fee, would I then become eligible for the $7500 EV rebate, thanks to its “new” status?

I fits all the requirements from IRS, but just not sure about the “new” part.

No, it doesnt

1 Like

This blanket statement is not true.

2 Likes

Are you going to buy yours out? What’s the residual? Keep in mind you can get a Tesla Model 3 for $37k minus rebate, so close to $30k

Yep, my residual is $22k, and the market is currently at $32k~ so it’s a no brainer to buy it. Maybe resale and change into a M3? But I don’t really like that M3 doesn’t have parking sensors or the 360 views. I cherishes them on my Bolt…

That’s what google told me when I searched what’s considered a new car in CA. Was it wrong?

Yes, when its in the context of a purchase. The 7500 mile limit in CA only has to do with how vehicles from out of state are handled in regards to non-CA compliant emissions.

Search is your friend

Not eligible for multiple reasons

1 Like