Lease Disposition Fee - If dealer takes over my lease

Hi,

If a dealer were to take over my lease as I may have positive equity, would they also take care of the lease disposition fee? Mind you, I will not be getting a new car from the same brand as I already have another one. Are they the ones responsible for any possible wear/tear charges and disposition fee I would normally receive if I turned the car to the leasing company myself?

Thanks!

Sold two of my leases, one 14 months early and the other 31 months early, dealer one said I might be charged it, but I wasn’t, and I wasn’t for the second one either. Technically the car is being “bought” as in the balance is being paid off so the disposition fee should be waived. Just my experience though

1 Like

Hmm thanks for the info

1 Like

You should not be charged the disposition fee in the traditional sense if you sell your lease to a dealer.

This assumes of course that your lease contract doesn’t specify that the dispo fee is also charged for a buyout.

Now some banks will charge a buyout or early purchase fee, but this should be included in the payoff number the dealer is using.

Just cross check your contract and the the payoff numbers to make sure everything looks in line.

1 Like

I sold my lease to a dealer and was not charged a disposition fee either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.