Lease deal on 2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum

I was hoping I could get a bit of help. I’ve been trying to put together an offer on a lease deal for a 2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum 7 passenger in No. Cal. I have found a few models in inventory at about 3 or 4 dealers.

I used some of the recent deals found here and tried to offer similar terms and then never heard back from any of them. Most of the dealers that gave me their lease deals were coming down ~4% from MSRP, so I countered with more like ~10%.

I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong. I’ve used MF from very similar deals and I thought a reasonable negotiated selling price. Is there a reason why they would all just go silent like that? I missed out on the costco incentive because of it, but am hoping I can figure out how to take advantage of hopefully some July incentives.

I did try a broker at the last minute but they only had So Cal dealers, so I was out of luck.

Any assistance would be appreciated. What may I be doing wrong?

You may not be doing anything wrong. NorCal dealers just don’t always do what SoCal dealers do. Just the nature of the markets/regions. Not unusual for folks as far as the PNW to go all the way down to SoCal to pickup a deal.

Edit: go to the Edmunds forums and get the MF, RV and incentives… I think you can even get the incentives from the Volvo website. Good luck!

Good to know. I would have done the LA deal that a broker had for me, but timing was bad and wasn’t able to make the trip.

What is the brokers contact for So Cal? We are looking for a XC90 T6 M right now to lease.

Shoot me a text. I have a salesperson at a NorCal Volvo dealer I’ve worked with.

@Benedetto does CA also.

If your heart is set on a XC90 ignore my post. If Audi is an option for you Costco is running a pre-negotiated 10% pre-incentive deal. Go to Costco auto program page, fill out form, select participating dealer in your area and Costco emails you a authorization number. The dealer you chose will call you.

Hey, just so you know, the only car that’s comparable to an XC90 currently applicable to the Audi program is the SQ5. There are two parts to the Audi program, one section of cars gets this 10% discount from July 1st to September, the second section (most of the SUVs) happens starts July 25th.

How do you figure

Because the only other SUV is the q3, and the ETron, but the ETron is an EV that I won’t compare to an ICE three row XC90. The SQ5 is the only other SUV currently available till July 25th. I’m not really going to say they are comparable per sae, but they are the only 3 SUVs currently qualifying for this incentive.

Some dealers have opted out. PJ and I work with a few Audi dealers, but one of them let us know they won’t be using this program.

purchase or lease an eligible, new 2019 Audi e-tron, or a 2020 Audi A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, Q3, SQ5, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8, TT or TTS between July 1, 2020, and September 30, 2020, or a 2020 Audi Q7, Q8, SQ7 or SQ8 between July 25, 2020, and September 30, 2020

1 Like

Oh I see what you’re saying. I think a better statement would just be they don’t have anything comparable on offer. The XC90 and sq5 Venn diagrams don’t overlap much.

1 Like