Lease Deal Check: m340i

What incentives are you including in your calculator? Out of state dealer I presume.

Otherwise, 9.5% at buy rate for an m340i is a solid deal currently.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. It’s a broker who serves NY, NJ, CT, PA, MD, VA. I’ll ping him about the included incentives and update. Just meant I’m not qualifying for loyalty, conquest, or something like that.

It’s probably standard lease cash which is available to all, but worth confirming since you mentioned not qualifying for any.

Even after shipping you’d probably come out well ahead on a lease transfer instead.

For instance

Based on my calculations of shipping and taxes, he’ll be right back to his current deal.

It’s a $1,500 “lease credit”.

Your deal is on par with what all brokers are offering. I would push for full 10% discount save you a few more dollars a month…help cover broker fee. It’s the best car for the money, but a OL code, Penfed, or BMWCCA would sweeten the deal a bit more.

Penfed rwquires 60 day membership. BMW cca 6 months. So highly doubt he’ll be able to qualify

Of course throwing it out if he had any of those. Be surprised how many people don’t know/remember what the have or qualify for.

@nyclife did just post a loaner M340!!!

1 Like

Why are you responding to me and tagging NYclif lol

1 Like

Oh my bad. Sorry clicked the wrong reply.

If you’re interested I have an M340 I’m looking to transfer. Used your calculator, $0 down $0 MSD puts you at $1/month more than my car but it is a $3k more expensive car with a ton of mileage left. Let me know if you’re interested!

I have an offer on the table for a M340ix. Let me know if I should take it or go with a broker?

P/S: I was trying to avoid waiting 6-8 weeks for a car and get a christmas present!

Thanks guys!

Car has Executive, DA & DA PRO, Remote Start, Shadowline.

No one can tell just from looking at that sheet
what OEM incentives are in those “total savings” as opposed to discount from the dealer

Or how much the MF markup is.

Or where you live and how they tax leases.

Etc etc.

2 Likes

I’m new to this so please bear with me. What additional information should I be considering?

Might be worth starting your own thread. A 68k m340 must have every option available or “market value selling price” is code for a bunch of bs dealer add ons.

Yes it does. Executive, M adaptive, DA & DA PRO. Somehow I just feel there’s still a lot of room in the price??

We need more info. What incentives do you qualify for. What’s the MF. Overall I’m guessing lease cash is buried in that discount making this a so so deal. 10% off before incentives appears the be a reasonable target at this time.

It’s impossible to evaluate a deal like this based on monthly payment and drive-off alone. You’ll need to know the inputs that went into the lease – MSRP, selling price, residual value, money factor, and incentives – to see how much room there is left on the table.

What I suggest is to first calculate your ideal lease for this car. Create a target deal for yourself. Know in advance what kind of deal you should be shooting for. Then, compare your target deal with the offers you receive.

To calculate your own lease, first research the relevant info. Google “edmunds 3-series lease residual” and you get this page, where we learn the lease rates and incentives for 2021 M340xi are as follows:

36/12
.00082 and 57%
$1500 lease credit

Enter these inputs into the Leasehackr calculator: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

I assumed a selling price of 8% off MSRP. Aggressive discounts on BMWs generally range from 8% to 10% off, depending on the model and region. I didn’t include any incentives other than the $1,500 lease credit that everybody gets. (There are usually additional incentives for Loyalty, College Grad, Conquest, USAA, OL Code, etc. Look them up.) You didn’t specify your location, so I left government fees, dealer fees, and sales tax as the default variables.

Looking at the outputs of that calculator, and comparing it with the offer you received, it seems like there’s a lot of room left on the table. Feel free to adjust the inputs of the calculator accordingly to match your needs and circumstances.