Lease Check for 2021 Bmw x3 M40 i Demo car

Hi Ya’ll I was wondering if someone could take a look at the lease quote I was given for a demo 2021 x3 m40i with 2,446 miles on the car. I currently have 4 months left on my bmw lease and I was also wondering if I can exchange the car with 3 months left?

MSRP: $65,370
Selling Price: 59,570
Add Cap items: 925
Total Tax: 2,060.35

Gross Cap Cost: 62,555.35

Cap cost reductionL 1,212.77
Adjusted CAp cost: 61342.58

Residual Value: 34,159.60
Depreciation 27,182.98

Lease term 36 months, 15,000 miles per year
Monthly Payment: 846.76

MF: 0.00096
Base Residual: 53%
Rebate: 1750

Zipcode for me is 07649

from Edmunds:
MF was 0.00086
55% residual
1500 lease credit
0.25 miles from residual

This looks like a horrible deal. And no you cannot just exchange your current car with 3 months left (unless BMW has an official pull ahead offer, which they don’t AFAIK). The dealer will just roll the 3 remaining payments into this deal, which will make it even worse.

1 Like

There’s no pull ahead from bmw- some of the dealers advertise a pull ahead (“pay your last 3 months including dispo fee but not greater than $1000).

In this scenario you have a poor discount for a demo vs new (I believe many of the brokers are doing 10% on new). Part of that may be “eating” your last 3 payments and selling you the car at the higher price.

MF is marked up.

Check to see what rebates there are and what you qualify for and make sure some of that is not hidden in the discount (which is poor as it is now)

What should the monthly payment be around? I was think it to be in the high 400s to mid 500s

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

dam that’s a pickle,

right now I am paying 660 a month and the lease payoff is 39,550.40

The monthly depends on you and the incentives and rebates you qualify for.

Also depends on the discount and MF and fees of the dealer.

Lastly whatever neg equity or payments you are rolling forward.

There are many variables.

No magic number. But 850 for a demo
X3m does pass the initial eye test.

Check out a lease transfer, @mattevan has one if it’s still available and for loads less.

1 Like

With 3 months left on your current lease, just order a brand new one in the exact spec you want. Will be here right about the time your current lease is up. It’s just silly to roll any payments or negative equity into a new deal now (especially such a poor deal on a loaner). Search the Marketplace. There are tons of BMW brokers that service the NJ area that will blow the pants off this deal on a brand new order.

3 Likes

Also I see a 1750 lease credit and 750 loyalty rebate.

So at least 750 of your incentives are hidden in the discount.

I’m in the same sitatuon, 2.5 months left, just ordered new and had time to get a good deal.

what was the deal you got?

Is it also true the the x3 and the x3m40i are leasing close to each other?

I ordered an x5, so different vehicle.

If by leasing the same you mean same discount as a % of msrp, you may be right. But definitely not gonna come out to the same payment on a base x3 30i vs a x3m40i

If there are $2500 in incentives right now with loyalty then this deal is essentially 5% pre-incentive discount, with a marked up MF, on a loaner.

5% at base MF would be a garbage deal on a brand new car. 5% with a marked up MF on a loaner is comically bad.

Most brokers can easily get you 10-11% pre-incentive discount, at base MF, on a brand new car.

As mentioned, take a step back, do some research, there are tons of data points on here.

2 Likes

Hi, I have a build slot available at 10% off, with base MF.

This is where you would be at that MSRP with all taxes and fees at signing:

You definitely won’t be in the high $400s to mid $500s on a build with this many options, unfortunately. To get to $550 with all taxes and fees at signing, you would need an MSRP of no more than $54,000, which is a fairly well-optioned xDrive 30i. Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

When you look at broker listings on the LH Marketplace, does that sound realistic?

2 Likes

If @max_g has to ask this question, you already know the answer.

However, If you find a 65k X3 m40i for 450 a month all in, lemme know cuz I’ll take one too.

2 Likes

From what I saw I feel like it’s possible, Also this is a demo car so shouldn’t there be a decent wiggle room to negotiate the sales price?

🙅 no go mon frere

If you find one I’ll pay you!

You can do 10% on a build all day long but you’re asking for a possible but very difficult discount, I wish you luck hunting!

-hershey

To get to 550 on this 65k vehicle with demo adjustment and your rebates and fees you are looking at 22% discount

Is it realistic? Maybe if you find the right car/dealer and time to get this discount at buy rate MF.

Is it easy? You’re at 5% now, you only have over $9000 separating you and the dealer.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.