Lease advice - budget roomy SUV

Ya, that’s what I thought when I got it too.

Biggest difference is having actual useful space. The cx9 is incredible in its ability to be so tiny inside for such a large vehicle.

Then there’s the issues with the interior not holding up very well, Mazda having the worst infotainment in the industry, the paint chipping if you look at it wrong, body panels cracking, the drivetrain clunks on liftoff, etc

1 Like

Even the Murano - some amazing deals in March & April and then no listed deals at all in May & June.

1 Like

Title: Be as specific as possible in the title if you are posting a deal – include car model, monthly payment, and money down.
Tags: make (e.g. toyota, bmw)(required) and region (e.g. ny, ca, ca-socal, usa-nationwide)
Post: Include as much information about your deal as possible to make it a helpful reference for others, and even a celebratory picture. :wink:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Mazda CX-9
MSRP: $37620
Selling Price: $35863 (including $750 loyalty discount)
Monthly Payment: $ 392 + tax
Drive-Off Amount: $3167
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12K
Incentives: 750$ Loyalty
Region: CA-NorCal
Leasehackr Score: 6.8
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

An effective $480/mo is not good for the Touring. Why so much DAS???

You need to research comparable CX-9s on here from this month and go back to that dealer and tell them to eat at Taco Bell where the bathrooms are broken.

This should be no more than $400/mo with $400/DAS imo

1 Like

I agree, I’ve got even higher quotes from Honda and Toyota. There seems to be a huge hike in prices due to low inventory (chip shortage)

For an example…this is a Grand Touring

Oh, nice.

Will try and re-negotiate. The problem is that most dealers in the area (50 miles) have very few cars in stock (and most are the premium ones)

Yes, inventory is a low but I bet you could extend your search radius and have the car delivered.
I would keep at it.

I leased a CX-30 albeit different cars but same manufactures. What I recommend you do is to cast a wider net. I did 100 miles but that is due to 15-20 dealers in So-Cal. Contacting all 15-20 really did help me in my search. How many have you contacted so far?

Since I’m a newby at this - if I find a car farther away - how do I have it shipped to a closer dealership?

You either pay a shipping company to have it sent to you (not a closer dealer) or you fly/drive to go get it. The majority of my leases have involved a one way rental to drive out and get the vehicle and then drive back.

1 Like

I got lucky with mine, live in NJ, found a dealer in MD, got a 10.25% discount offers MSRP before incentives and they drove the car to me free of charge, was about 140 miles.

Are you able to share your dealer contact?

Sure I’ll message you

I have gotten the deal below. I know it is not the greatest, though with the current chip shortage couldn’t find a better deal. Most dealership (checked over 10 up-to 150 miles radius) only have the fully loaded trims which are much more expensive

What do you think? What other ways do I have to negotiate (or get more benefits)?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: Mazda CX-9 Touriing
MSRP: $ 37620
Selling Price: 35863
Monthly Payment: $ 468 (post tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $ 3000
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 12K
MF: 0.00051
Residual: 24,829
Incentives: $750 (loyalty)
Region: norcal
Leasehackr Score: 6 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Does the selling price include the $750 loyalty incentive? If you remove the down payment from your calculator, your monthly is closer to $500.

Some quotes I got for 2021 GT from May was in the low $400 pretax with 2k DAS. Just sharing for your data point. Feel free to DM me.

1 Like

Yes, the selling price is after the $750.

@etimor keep all your questions in one thread.

And it seems like you’ve been given plenty of good advice already and ignored it. :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I did check multiple dealerships and tried stating the price I wanted (but due to very limited options - less than 10 cars in that trim in 200 miles radius) there was a limit to how low I managed to bring them down

For Mazda, what else can I try and negotiate (MF is 0.00051) and also added ~$700-1000 worth of accessories for free