Lease a Toyota Help Please

Hmm. not quite sure what the Toyota sales man told me when I went to look for a lease 2 weeks ago. He told me something about January 2nd being the final day of their calendar year and they were very aggressive with pushing out leases.

A quick Google search proves him wrong.

It could be the end of the fiscal year for the dealership not the manufacturer.

Fiscal year doesnt necessarily translates to calendar year. He probably meant year end sales event. Most manufacturer have this because historically, this is highest month for car sales because there is nothing much better to do for consumer than spend money during the holidays.

Thanks for the reply. Basically I go in and focus on the price of the truck right? Talking that down? I’m paying the whole lease upfront. I’m not too worried about rebates right now.

I honestly never heard of paying the for entire cost of the least upfront. Usually you make monthly payments over the course of 36 months. I would still try to negated to a reasonable offer. You’re nearing the end of the year, I would hold out for another 45 days when all the dealers have holiday sales going on. I’m not as thrifty as some of the other posters here are so you may want to ask for other opinions. My personal rule of thumb was always under 40% of the msrp is a decent deal. That includes tax and other BS fees.

1 Like

That might be it.

@Cody_Carter Does TFS even offer a one-pay option? If so, how much is the MF reduced?

A Onepay vs a monthly pay lease is just a different way of structuring the payments after all other pieces have been negotiated. Start getting pricing information via email now, even if you arent going to buy until end of year. Incentives, RV and MF will change from month to month. There are multiple trains of thought as to whether you ask for selling price before incentives or just ask for monthly lease pricing and then back the math out of it. I’ve had both methods work. Ideally, I like to have everything sorted so I go in and sign papers to avoid wasting my time, but there are people who have success negotiating in person, the challenge is that at many dealers, the internet department will be happier to take a mini than the staff manning the floor.

1 Like

Yes there is a one pay option only on standard rate not special rates.

It would Deduct 0.001 from MF

2 Likes

Yes they do. It’s mentioned in their website

Erika meet @Jrouleau426 . He does magic on Tacoma…

1 Like

I don’t understand why you want to pay the lease upfront but jrouleau has good deals. Start with a chat with him and then you can decide …

Because I have the cash to buy the truck, I just don’t want to. I’d rather pay upfront and not worry about it

yeah they can definitely do a one-pay lease. If you are near PA, contact Jrouleau as he knows dealerships that lease through US bank.

Unfortunately I’m on the other side of the country

For CA I can help with Tacoma Lease through US Bank

1 Like

Hi Cody. I’m in Utah :frowning: appreciate it though!

Does the same philosophy apply for Lexus leases as well? Wait another month or two?