Lease a CPO BMW i3 REx?

So I see a few CPO BMW i3 REx’s around me for what seem like decent prices, 2014 models with ~10k miles on them for like $21k - $29k. They look like they’re all lease returns. Question is, I know BMW has started offering leases on their CPOs but I can’t find any information on their web site. Does anyone know if they advertise this at all or if you have to play the horrible “talk to the dealer” game?

I have no idea what MF, residuals, or cash allowances on these CPO leases might be. I’m just looking to get into an EV with extended range for 12 to 24 months while waiting for the Tesla Model 3 but I hate to toss $3,000 to $4,000 down right now on a lease when I’m trying to save for the Tesla :stuck_out_tongue:

This might be an option for me if it drastically lowers the amount down and keeps the monthly reasonable, say $150 - $250/mo.

How the heck do you find info on these?

A new i3 can be leased for 100-200 why lease a CPO?

this would be great!! would help me get out of my current underwater car before the Model 3

Because to get the $199/mo you have to put down like $2500+ in addition to the fees. It makes drive off like $3600. That cost across a 24 month lease means it’s really $349 or so a month. That’s just too much for a base trim i3 REx when I’m saving to put down as much as I can on my model three.

However, I’m in a good job right now, my 2002 Audi A6 is nearing 200k miles and just has enough little things wrong with it that I don’t really enjoy taking it for a weekend getaway or anything & I don’t want to dump money into.

$150-$200/mo wouldn’t be too bad, especially if I’m saving a little from not buying gas. But if I have to spend $2500 to get to that payment level it’s just not worth it. I could dump that $2500 into my car now and get it running well… But I would be in a 14 year old car still for another 1 to 1.5 years before my model 3…

By the way, if you can find/negotiate me a deal in Washington state for an i3 REx preferably with leather seats and LED headlights (but base would be a possibility) for acquisition fee + first month and tag fee (no tax on it here in WA) and monthly payments between $150 and $200 for 24 mo / 10k miles (or shorter lease term if that’s even possible) $500 is in it for you :stuck_out_tongue:

FWIW, I just did a lease transfer of my 2014 i3 rex with 8 months left for 199/month (LED and leather) to one happy soul in MA.

I am heading to the BMW dealer to snag me a $100 deal on a new i3. Will let you know how I make out. I qualify for 2500 state, 1000 loyalty and 1000 test drive credit, so that will take care of my down payment. Will keep everyone posted.

FWIW, I just did a lease transfer of my 2014 i3 rex with 8 months left for 199/month (LED and leather) to one happy soul in MA.

I am heading to the BMW dealer to snag me a $100 deal on a new i3. Will let you know how I make out. I qualify for 2500 state, 1000 loyalty and 1000 test drive credit, so that will take care of my down payment. Will keep everyone posted.

Sounds like you’re in a CARB state. Us guys NOT in CARB states get F**KED by the auto makers when it comes to deals. They have ZERO reason to sell the car “cheap”. They don’t get fined if they don’t sell enough EVs here compared to normal cars. Hell, if they sit on lots too long they could just shuffle them to a CARB state and take a loss on the sale but earn CARB credits for them to avoid fines.

That’s why I’m looking at leasing a CPO. Honestly $22k tax free for a car that retailed at almost $50k just two years ago seems pretty dang good! Especially when it has just about 10k miles on it! I don’t really need to buy a car but this almost seems like a deal worth buying. That would have what, four years warranty and 90,000 miles?!

Man, I’m just worried that Tesla would value a trade two years from now, even if I only add 18-20k miles at like $8,500 to $10,000 or something, and spending $10k for two years would be a sucker move…

I suspect the car will actually be pretty good for a number of years and tens of thousands of more miles, but being an EV I think secondary markets will kill it and just destroy trade in value and I really rather hate dealing with private sales…

I would just pass on it. Not a winter car. Just lease a bolt in the fall for 24months then pick up the model 3.

How did this end?

Thinking about trying to lease a CPO myself. Afraid of what resale/trade will be on an i3 in 4-5 years. And what’s left of the battery.

Dont forget the corporate group discount is $1500 on CPO i3s. Anyone can get a certificate.

Why is an i3 not a winter car?

Of course you should have dedicated winter tires (as you should on ANY car for reduced stopping distances alone) but other than that I found it was great in winter. Those narrow wagon wheels really cut through the snow and EV traction control systems have nearly instant reaction with no transmission or drivetrain lash slowing things down.