Lease a BMW i3 as low as $125 a month, $0 drive-off. (Yes really) [Updated for May]

hey is there anyway you can send me the info on the I3 dealerships. I know you’ve gotten a lot of requests haha. Thank you in advance

First time poster here and wanted to thank everyone for the info. We just signed on ours and brought it home. Not a super slick deal but we are happy with it:

MSRP: $45,895.00 (base with 20" wheel package)
Sales Price: $39,217.00 (They included AARP discount in this number)
Rebate: $7,500.00
Down Payment: $3,000.00 ($2,500 refunded CVRP)
License & Reg: $350.00
Transfer: $29.00
Doc Fee; $80.00
Term: 30 months
15K miles per year
Residual: 58% due to mileage
Top tier M/F with the AARP reduction
No MSD’s put down

Payment: $220.24 mo + $17.07 tx

Riverside County, CA

2 Likes

If you drive that many miles (arguably difficult with the limited range) that saved you about $1500/yr on gas assuming 30mpg alternative. Reduces your effective payment to around $100.

We have a 62 mile roundtrip per day. So we needed the 15k. Once you deduct holidays and vacation days not at work, we are right at 15k per year. We drove 81 miles home from the dealership with 28% left on the battery (so it says). We use our X1 for weekend driving. I am definitely happy with paying so little after the gas savings!!

1 Like

Good job! This is how it’s supposed to be done- would be a much sweeter deal with MSDs but that’s really up to the individual- plays out to the 11% off MSRP right off the bat and tapped on the AARP. Well done @AllieF

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay everyone, I’ll reply to the PM’s shortly. I’ve been going back and forth if I was going to get this car. I ended up pulling the trigger last night on an all electric, only add ons were parking assist package and mineral grey paint.

MSRP: 46,495
Gross cap cost: 40,282
AARP discount: 1500 (valid if member before 4/12)
Federal rebate : 7500
Down payment including MSD’s : 5199 (1400 MSD’s)
I should qualify for full rebate of 4500

30mo/15kmi
Total payment with tax:157.79

Coming from a 340i is a big difference. But for the payment you can’t beat it.

4 Likes

Greetings from Maryland!
Thanks all for sharing your leasing experience. I read pretty much every message and called two local dealers to get some basic numbers. Below is what one dealer quoted. I haven’t started negotiating the selling price. The discounted price is pretty much their Internet price. I haven’t told them about the AARP incentive, either. I asked for 0 down so i can compare dealer offers. The dealer said with 7 MSD the money factor is 0.000136. And BMW will end that program very soon. 10k for 36 month has residual value of 58%.
Here in MD the only incentive for EV may not become effective until July 1, 2017. But I probably can’t wait that long. Should my primary goal be to negotiate as close to 12% off MSRP before rebate/incentives? Don’t know if AARP will still apply but I will try. With the appalling sales tax on leases in MD, every bit counts. Many thanks for any input!

Are you sure it’s for i3 and not for i8? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is one nasty quote… I’ll look at it when I get home but wow.

Edit: just took a quick look over and noticed you live in a state where they charge full sales tax, that kinda kills the deal imo.

For the CVRP income constraint, does anyone know if that is based on your last filed return or do you have to certify that your current income is below the cap?

It’s your last filed return. I called them back in Jan. and they said it’s whatever on my 2015 tax return. Since today is tax day, they might ask for 2016 tax return from now on.

Are you sure there isn’t a typo in your MF? Should it be .00136? If so, that’s marked up if 7 MSDs is already applied. Should be .00097, then .00077 after AARP reduction.

Thanks! …

They will ask for 2016. I just had this happen and I don’t qualify for the rebate anymore…grrrrrr

What if you haven’t filed yet? Or got an extension? Are you SOL?

If you haven’t filed yet 2015 is your last return.

They told me after a certain date it’s the 2016 tax year. I’m not sure if it’s the 18 or 19th that’s effective.

I am in NJ. Anyone able to replicate in NY/NJ/? If yes, pm me the dealer info. Thanks in advance

NJ does not have the CVRP incentive, which is a California incentive. :slight_smile:

I see. Thanks for the info. Are any one able get is <$200 in NJ?