Lease a BMW i3 as low as $125 a month, $0 drive-off. (Yes really) [Updated for May]

Glendale and Valencia seem to be the best as far as getting closest to the deal. The others might be able to do it, but they have much more limited stock

But just so everyone is aware, your drive off will be less than the deal first posted (because of the security deposit decreased rate ending, so you won’t have to put down a security deposit) but your monthly payment will increase by about $30 per month.

Seems like most dealers are not going over 10%, some only doing 9% discount now. You can still get this car for under $300 per month with drive off under $3500, even including some packages.

Ah, I got it now. Thanks for the explanation. I just assumed the down payment was included in the drive-off because the calculator threw it in there. I thought that was the right way to do it because that’s what this site showed as an example.

You’re right, putting in about $855 into the lease calculator down payment gets the drive-off to $2671, and the monthly payments pretty much match up. I just wanted to make sure nothing weird or shady was happening on their side.

Hi Will,
Would you mind sending me dealer info for south cal?, Near San Diego or LA? This sounds too good.
Thanks so much.

Anyone else’s dealers not willing to deal much on these things? Seem reluctant to take off more than 6% off MSRP. Did they only deal on these in April or something?

I sent a PM to Willwar14 and still have not heard back. Dudes been MIA I guess

Here’s what I got on a 2017 i3 Rex. Black w/ giga world interior (personal preference), park assist, tech pack, gigaworld

MSRP 54295
Discounted Price 48885 (11.81% off)
UDE - 1000
Fleet - 1500
Sale Price $45385

30 mo/10k

MF 0.0013, residual 0.61
$2500 + 925 (acquisition fee) down = $3425 ($2500 back from CVRP)

Monthly
219.35 w/o tax
238.54 w/ tax (LA County)

For the same terms and their fully loaded model w/ HK sound, 20" wheels and tera interior

247/mo w/o tax
269/mo w/ tax

1 Like

Could you let me know who your dealer was and the name of who you worked with?

Wow these are probably the ugliest BMW I have ever seen. Is it some kind of federal mandate that all electric cars are hideous? If so I wonder how Elon Musk got an exemption.

LOL. As a driver of two back to back Nissan Leaf leases for past 5 years I can attest to yes, but good news the ugly mandate is about to expire (lots of cool EVs coming soon). Also, for CA drivers the most beautiful part of the car is that HOV sticker. Driving 65mph past a dead stop stuck in traffic $300k Bentley every morning is a good feeling. :slight_smile:

you aren’t driving in NorCal then, HOV lane traffic isn’t going 65 (I think the only times I go 65 in HOV lanes is after HOV time)

1 Like

Nope, So Cal… 55 fwy usually, and sometimes 57, 91, 5, and the 405

That’s the problem with hypermilers. SPEED UP. 65MPH in the fast lane? really!?!?

1 Like

HWY 680 is faster than 65. if you dont get stuck behind a bus. or a leaf.

1 Like

65 MPH is speed of traffic usually. Some bottleneck points cause even the HOV to slow to a crawl, but usually just for short distance.

Hi who is the dealer? thanks

Hi who is the dealer please? thanks

Okay so am I going crazy? I think I can get this deal for $21 a month because I live in CO. In CO, we also have a clean vehicle rebate, but for the i3 it’s $6000. On top of that, I read on the Colorado rebate website that “some manufacturers” actually can provide this an an incentive on top of the federal credit, so I wouldn’t even have to put the money down and then wait to file next year.

If I do the exact same deal as OP, including the corp fleet discount (which I can get through work), my total per month comes to $21 including tax, with ~$1,700 due at signing to cover first month payment, taxes on incentives, etc.

See my calculator below:

Notice how I combined the $6k colorado rebate as a taxed incentive. Even if I had to put this down as a down payment and then get the money back later, it would still only be $21 a month. Could this actually work? I feel like CO BMW dealers will definitely know about this and won’t let me walk out of there with 12% off MSRP before any discounts.

Please let me know if I’m going nuts or if this is an actual good deal.

Sorry for lease in CO you only get $2k. The purchase rebate is $5k. BMWF will not accept the sign over of the credit you will have to file for it.

Also on the lease BMWF only passes on 4k of the 7.5k federal incentive.

Ah crap, I didn’t see that.

For the Colorado credit, looks like the total amount I could get would be $2500. So that puts a huge dent in my plans hah.

Fr the federal credit, does that mean that BMW just keeps the remaining federal credit for themselves? Or do I have to just wait until I file taxes to get the rest back?

Assuming I could still get the 2500 Colorado rebate, and I would still eventually get back the full 7.5k from the Federal credit, I could still get pretty close to OP’s deal, no? My down payment would just be insanely high.

You do not get any federal rebate on a lease. You only get whatever the bank decides to pass on as an incentive.