Lease a 2019 i3 or buy a new 2018i3? Need urgent help

It’s all hypothetical and conjecture at this point. I believe OP wants to drive the I3 he plans on purchasing.

Yes, seems like a good purchase, especially if you can get rid of it if you don’t like it w/o a loss.

Thank you all! Appreciate it

We just transferred out of our i3, but I would buy one at that price. I would find a use for it.

Unless it’s discussed on a public message board. They also have the exact same Internet(z) that we do.

2 Likes

I believe a tax payer has the presumption of innocence. It’s IRS that will have to prove intent to defraud. Two flips would not raise any issues. But obviously 10 tax credit applications in a year would raise eyebrows.

Sure, it’s nice to have the auditor making yearly visits for 7 years because he will presume you are innocent while asking receipts from 5 years ago.
OP, buy it…not worth leasing at that price.

1 Like

Agreed.

Respectfully: this sounds like a lot of advice from non tax lawyers who have never looked at their IRS master files. I’ve never been audited (knock wood) but I’ve run a business where filings didn’t get completely processed (3rd party payroll) and felt the weight of IRS and (6) state tax authorities even when I was 100% in the right. I wouldn’t ever be this capricious.

Do you have a lease quote on a 2019? Based on some of the recent lease monthlies weve seen, if you have loyalty and an aggressive dealer, youll perhaps be sub $200/mo. Even a buy at $17k is going to run more than that, so youll likely need to 1) commit to the car until its paid off or close to it or 2) buy and try and quickly flip. Places like Carvana, etc are going to catch on quickly to the real market value. They didn’t get to be the size they are by being played by us hackr’s regularly taking them to the cleaners.

IMO, I def wouldn’t buy in the hopes of a flip while taking the EV credit.

Have you seen something in Texas like that?

Check with @Electric……

But, whos to say you have the get it from a TX dealer? That may be the most convenient for sure, but if a dealer remote from you has a smoking deal, it may be worth it.

1 Like

Huh? If he starts with $11k positive equity from day one, his cost of ownership is going to be far less than his lease cost would be.

If this car is GUARANTEED to be that much positive, then everyone here would be buying them up and selling them to Carvana.

Boss I have personally done a lot of flip transactions myself and this one is good to start with. I usually buy brand new cars for low and sell it for same or better price than I bought. This will be a new type of flip for me.

Dude just said he got a carvana offer for $11k more than his cost. Thanks government handouts.

So yeah, people should.

As pretty much anyone with fleet can get the $11k discount, annd everyone gets the Fed credit…….

Why aren’t we all buying these and flipping? It seems too easy. Seriously.

You should totally :slight_smile:

No chance I will do it…but Ill wait for your results :slight_smile:

There are only 14 “New” 2018s listed for sale in the US. Probably quite a few more demos/loaners.