Lease 2018 Ford Fusion Energi

If you really like the Fusion Energi, you can easily find a Certified Pre-Owned one in the $17-20k range - and Titanium trim, at that. There are quite a few out there, and most have under 25,000 miles, too.

For virtually the same cost as the lease over three years, you’d have that car paid off and you’d probably still be within the warranty period, too! (Ford’s CPO warranty is pretty solid in my experience.) Plus you’ll have equity in it, and since it’ll never be worth $0, your total net cost will be far less than $17k if you sell it later on.

2 Likes

I 2nd this if you like the vehicle. Find a used one, let the other owner take the depreciation hit. I believe the warranty on the battery/electric engine parts is a minimum of 8yrs/80k and potentially more in some states.

I leased a 2013 Cmax Energi for $239/mth 5 years ago. Only issue with the vehicle was the head unit quit tuning in radio stations accurately so it was replaced under warranty. Turned it in when lease was over with 19k miles on it (21k allowed). Buyout on vehicle was $20.5K, it sold for $12.9k at auction. So glad I didn’t own it. (Just checked and RV for 24/36 10.5k miles per yearwere 59%/50% then) Highest MPG I achieved was 206mpg (had free charging at work and only lived 10 miles from work so was perfect vehicle for commuting).

1 Like

I’m willing to sell mine that I have.

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium - Black on black - 29,000 miles.

When I spoke with the salesmen I told him.that cost of the vehicle is too high, he said he could only budge about twenty dollars. He did his pitch about how they can’t keep these cars on the lot etc. I am looking at the Volt and Clarity this weekend. Thank you!!

1 Like

LOL at the pitch. The Fusion is a poor seller. They stay on the lot for a very, very long time.

2 Likes

Exactly. If they were selling well why would they be offering huge rebates?

1 Like

Don’t forget Accord Hybrid while you’re at the Honda dealer. I’ve driven them and they’re really nice vehicles.

(Just don’t put $9000 down)

2 Likes

Haha! I can laugh now because i didn’t lease it.

I have a 100 miles commute three times a week and I have been leasing a 2017 bmw i3 rex for about effective ~300/month. Although it has rex, i barely used it and I charge it at home and office virtually for free. That is a savings of $170 a month of fuel expense that brings my effective cost is about $150 ish… If I were to get a Volt, my effective cost would be similar ( lower lease payment but paying for some gas due to lower range)… So financially similar but it came down to preference.

I suggest to write down all these factors and make a decision accordingly.

2 Likes

I will look at this one as well. I used to own a Civic and an Accord, but not a hybrid. The
Accord was nice. I will be very cautious about the down payment, residuals etc. I will drive and reserach the Volt, Acoord and Clarity Thank you!!

1 Like

Post the proposals here before you sign anything.

The $9000 comment was in reference to this debacle (it’s worth reading): How Did I Do On This 2018 Touring Accord Hybrid?

1 Like

$476 for a Fusion?!?!? INSANE

1 Like

Wow!! After reading about the Accord Hybrid Touring I will definitely post my proposol and I will not sign anything. That was horrrible!

1 Like

This is a great idea. I spend $360 a month on gas and toll!