LA Auto Show 2021: What new cars are you excited to see?

Audi is not at the show this year.

1 Like

1 Like

Is this a wagon or hatchback?

If youā€™re referring to the Kia EV6, I think itā€™s being marketed as an SUV. It and its Hyundai cousin are deceptively big.

Theyā€™re calling it a crossover or CUV which has been become an almost meaningless term because it was attached to everything.

Itā€™s slightly taller than a typical hatchback but not enough for someone to mistake it for a SUV.

The wheelbase is apparently longer than a Tellurideā€™s.

The wagoneer is massive - looks expensive but feels cheap to the touch

Also a few inches less tall than the Hyundai version (too lazy to look up the name), so auto writers think that the EV6 will be marketed as the ā€œsportierā€ one. I think it looks quite good in pics, and Motor Trend liked it a lot in their Car of the Year testing (so I guess they also didnā€™t consider it an SUV?).

Ioniq 5 is what youā€™re looking for

1 Like
3 Likes

Dem hips :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Plus: correct ride height and no cladding. :ring:

4 Likes

Iā€™m a simple person. I see a wagon, and I like. Also isnā€™t it like 3am in LA rn.

2 Likes

Probably but Iā€™m on the other coast for a few days, which is why I unfortunately wasnā€™t at the show Wednesday and Iā€™m living vicariously through this post.

I normally love wagons (I drive one!), but the very chunky D-pillar makes this look almost more like a lowered SUV than a ā€œpureā€ wagon. Maybe itā€™s also the relatively cab forward design? Iā€™m sure itā€™ll look diff in real lifeā€¦

1 Like

Mmmmhmmm. Put the deposit down at the dealer to secure the first allocation when it comes in. Probably going to be like a year till Iā€™ll actually see it, but I love everything about it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

IRL it definitely is wagony. Except it has the widest rear hips out there. From a pure practical standpoint the actual hatch space is pretty small and not very useful but fuckit it looks so good and rides amazingly well to be the perfect daily driver.

2 Likes