Kia Soul purchase or Nissan Leaf - lease or buy?

For about 380 you can get a Taco as well…if you like trucks.

You don’t compare lease and financing payments like that.

If that’s an LX, you should try to find one with the Tech package. They are rarer but the $900 is worth all the extras.

I’ve also seen Souls advertised with discounts for pre-orders.

You can probably get a better-equipped Rio or Forte for similar or less?

1 Like

I see. Let me try that. Thanks!

Or a bare 4xE PHEV, better suited to OP and Seattle in general.

Not a big fan of jeeps/trucks in general but curious to know -

Why is it more suitable for Seattle in general?

Snow? EV’s sorta stink in cold, especially ones without a heatpump

It does not snow much in Seattle - a week or two max in a year. It is mainly overcast most of the winter. Would not call it extreme cold either.

2 Likes

@max_g Is there a specific website to find pre-order discounts. I searched kia website and also bunch of of nearby dealer websites and none of them seem to have any such offers. Perhaps that’s region specific then?

I’ve seen ads like this online but can’t vouch for their authenticity

Other places to check for benchmark pricing: Edmunds’ “prices paid” forums and brand-specific forums.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/76040f43-3f88-411b-a09e-f96395aa31ec/

2 Likes

Well, for the past few weeks I’ve been bebopping around the area, Bainbridge, Poulsbo, Port Ludlow, Townsend, Diamond Point, and still in Sequim. 4Auto has been dynamite in the wet and mud. Surely you escape Jet City for the islands or ski, or just road tripping? The Kia is soulless for anything like that, and yet the 4xE will get you around town for nearly free with artful PlugShare coordination. Jeep is worth what, triple in value by comparison, but costs about the same to lease, affording you some equity should it not work out. Has a really tight turning radius, so city parking and even narrow streets are a breeze. Biased, but Seattle and area is perfect for 4xE. Kia will get you dumped, while 4xE will get you laid…I could go on…

please do that was a riot !

2 Likes

Well then…(after I clean up myself from your profile pic)…me thinks folks pigeon-hole the roles of vehicles (miserly grocery getter, commuter, etc) a bit too much. Yeah you don’t need a F250 to commute on the off chance you will haul a 77 inch OLED home on Black Friday, or that bag of potting soil next weekend, but a vehicle should be an enabler for fun and adventure, in addition to it’s main use as point to point machine. Why a pocket knife over a Swiss Army knife…you can also pick crap out of your teeth, descale a fish, and start a fire with the Swiss. Would rather have a spork for that chowder, over a fork. ETC. Guess I’m saying it’s a tool, so make it capable of doing more than one thing well, especially if you can mange it at comparable monthly expense, greater equity and loads more fun.

It is not. Not even close.

1 Like

Google Lambretta and June Palmer
https://www.google.com/search?q=june+palmer+lambretta+scooter&source=lnms&tbm=isch

In May, my LH calc for my Jeep was the SAME as OP’s Soulless current payment. Wife wanted 15K (wisely) so we are just over 440/mo with taxes (399/mo pretax) Mine is not a stripper, and OP may not need leather,etc. so despite current market he could get close, plus be overwater.

1 Like

Nice scooters!

Cmon you know better than comparing leasing and financing payments.

2 Likes

My car usage is very low (but not 0 to completely avoid getting a car in this market).
Is there a way to find out list of cars that offer low mileage leases? Lowest I have seen so far is 7500 miles/year but that was on the car I was not interested in.
Hoping to keep my monthly lease payment $250-$300 with $0 down. I know seems difficult in this market but that’s why trying to see if I can leverage my low usage somehow.

Lexus does 5k/year, but you still won’t get close to your price target. The difference between 5k and 10k miles per year is probably only 2 residual points.

Most non-luxury brands start at 10k.

1 Like