Kia Sorento or Hyundai Santa FE

Looking to get my wife either the Kia Sorento or the Hyundai Santa Fe. She wants higher than the base models on either. Trying to stay below $350 with zero drive off except maybe first months payment, is this doable? I have been playing with the calculator and seem to be able to get it close but the closest deal from a dealership I have gotten is:

Santa Fe Limited Ultimate
MSRP: $40,995
Dealer Discount: $3,695
Bonus Cash: $2,500
Price: $34,800
36 month- $1,700 drive off / 10K miles/ payment $374.53 plus tax
24 month- $1,700 drive off/ 12K miles/ payment $377.29 plus tax

Thank you!

Chris

Chris, where are you located, that will better help folks to make recommendations.

Also, the car above, is a Limited Ultimate, which is far more than a little above the base model.

Northern California and yes I know it’s the top but the discounts posted on their website were a lot higher than the rest so I started there.

Would I have better luck going the SE ultimate route?

Check out the recent Santa Fe threads.

The best deal I have been able to get. Northern California 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe SE Ultimate

MSRP: $40,360
Price: $35,888
Rebate: $2,500
E-Price Discount: $388

36 Month
10,000 miles
Residual- $22,198
MF:0.00035
Monthly payment: $378.13
Zero Drive off

Trying to get it to $345 and offered to pay first months payment instead and he said because of this request he could no longer negotiate with me. I really want my payment to stay under $350 and I know we are close. What do you guys think?

Thank you

Sign up to be Uber driver and have them apply the $1000 Uber rebate. That should get you to $350

thanks signing up now…how does the rest of the deal look?

@Ed_Churchward looked at the Kia Sorento and competitive autos recently. Ask him for input.

1 Like

Also see if you are eligible for bonusdrive, if you hadn’t already factored that in. It won’t drop your actual payment, but a $500 check in the mail might make the deal more palatable.

IMO 12% discount before rebates seems pretty good. $350 w/ $0 due on $40k SE Ultimate isn’t bad at all…SE and Limited trims would lease better because of more favorable MF/RV. Limited trim should easily be under $300. Just depends on what features you have to have.

I would be extremely happy with $350. He said $378 was all he could do and wouldn’t negotiate any more with me after I said $350. I can’t seem to find any Limited Trims in my area, they all are SE, SE Ultimate and Limited Ultimate.

Then just have them apply the $1000 Uber and you’ll be at your $350…as long as you’re happy that’s all that matters. Do the $500 BonusDrive after the deal and you’re all set.

I tried the bonus drive thing and every company I enter doesn’t qualify. I searched for a master list but can’t seem to find one

I haven’t found a master list yet, but the experts here may know of one.

Join Alliant Credit Union and then you can qualify…there are several ways to become a member of Alliant

I think you can become a member of Alliant for free if you are a member of the Freelancers Union (which I think you can join for free)…give it a try

Awesome! That all worked and they give you $5 to open the account. Need to get my car inspected by Uber it says so I will do that tomorrow and then upload everything to Uber. Then reconnect with the guy and see if he will do the $378 and then add the Uber rebate and we should be at $351 with a $500 bonus drive after. That would be the effective payment at $338, which would be awesome!

338 with no drive off fees?

If you add back the $500 bonus drive rebate it should be equivalent to that… I haven’t gotten it finalized yet, but that’s my calculations based on the deal he said he could do and then adding in the Uber and Bonus Drive.