Kia Sorento lease end (over mileage, accident)

Agreed here. In the end, I think the decision falls into, what do you plan on doing now? Are you looking to get another vehicle or are you looking to purchase one? Either or can possible guide on which way you can go. If you stick with Kia, they can probably eat some of the cost of the overage but not all. That depends on if you stick with them or not. Some manufactures currently have conquest deals so it might be worthwhile to look into that, you may not pay the best/lowest price but the conquest rebates might help offset the cost of the overage.

1 Like

So I went to the dealership to get an idea the numbers. I know email email email…lol. But they did look over the car atleast and said 14.5k or so vs 18k RV. Pretty much what I assumed although slightly more. Obviously not an option and wont rollover that kind of neg equity. I could pay the 3 payments left and just get the bill for the mileage. Still probably not better than waiting. But the fun part comes in this quote…

No where does it show MF/RV. When I asked he said 56% and around 1%. Payment was $433. Sure with 1%…I kind of chuckled already knowing Kia MF are so bloated. But I really thought the RV was at least 57-58. Already asked on Edmunds to get a better answer. Maybe I was mistaken. But the numbers were still way off and cant even really replicate in LH. Also noticed their website listed the car with same stock# he gave as 30k or so MSRP. Quote I get has it at 32k with $2,300 discount. Am I being paranoid in saying this is shady AF?

This is for a 2019 2.4 LX FWD btw.

So my wife purchased a Santa Fe today and then turned in lease. (3 payments remaining) We expect to get the mileage, disposition, and those remaining payments billed in the next 45 days obviously. The odd thing to me was how “turn in” was “no big deal”. Being our 1st lease I’m just not sure if that’s normal. Basically we were going to walk out just handing off keys. They sort of insisted that’s it. Neither of us felt comfortable and asked salesman “are you sure that’s it”? Then finally was told “sure we can get you something”. So we got a paper that had mileage and 2 keys listed on turn in. All relevant lessee info and a document that seemed standard yet unless we asked we would of walked out doing nothing. Is this standard practice for early lease turn in? They also said nothing needed to be signed even though there were clear areas that said to sign. I told my wife to call KMF when they reopen to clarify of course but just a very odd experience. Anyone have similar dealings with early lease turn ins?

The dealer really doesn’t care or have any reason to, the car doesn’t belong to them, they’re just a drop off point for the bank, hence they give no sh**s

Sure but if things aren’t done properly that certainly could affect us in a negative way no? Just covering ourself makes sense and getting odd answers that seem standard was weird to us.

I’m not sure what you expect but your experience was completely standard, must be your first lease.

Idk when we ask if that’s it and is there something to sign they say no that’s it. Then after asking again here comes a pretty official piece of paper with relevant information on the car we just turned back in? I guess that wouldn’t seem shady at all…

Usually, the dealer doesn’t do the inspection. An inspection will still be performed and you will be billed for any excessive wear and tear.