Kia Niro EV-Should I wait? Does anyone have a Niro or Kona? Is this a terrible deal?

I’d love to hear what numbers you end up with. I’m wondering if I should have gone to Oakland too.

1 Like

How about Elk Grove KIA? Just curious. I have always heard Elk Grove dealers are all high volume.

To close this out from my side - decided to pass on the Niro EV and went with Bolt EV.

1 Like

Good choice, they may not be the prettiest but they are certainly the best value.

Yeah. They drive well, and pretty well-equipped and serve my EV purpose.

Yeah. Bolt is clearly a better value. But the Niro EV has been dropping in price. Easy $3k off from MSRP.

Did you get numbers from Big James? I recently did a test drive with him, and I liked him and the car a lot. But this was the offer:

2019 Kia Niro EV EX (Platinum Graphite)
MSRP is $39,835
Your price is $38,311 (that’s employee pricing)
Money Factor is .00192%
Residual is 48%
Lease cash rebate is $8600
on a 36 month lease 10k miles a year your monthly payment with no money down is $502.44 including all taxes and fees,
For every $1000 you put down your monthly payment will change by $31.

So for 36 mos, that’s 18K, which is is way more than quotes I got for an i3 (which retails at 10K more).

wondering if I should have gone to Oakland too.

I talked to dealers in Oakland and San Leandro and the numbers on the Niro EV, in my opinion, were outrageous.

Oakland wanted $18K over the life of a 36mo/10K lease, San Leandro wanted $20K. By way of comparison, the BMW i3, whose MSRP is $10K higher, was at about $15K over the life of the lease (and even that is at numbers that are a lot higher than all the deals I see here every day).

We didn’t get numbers. Went with another eGolf instead - way cheaper, drives great, and the lesser range isn’t an issue for how we use it. But yeah, Niros were (are) relatively pricey. And I’m not surprised they weren’t really dealing on the EX

In case anyone is wondering, the deals (at least for Nov) for the Niro PHEV are much better than for the EV. I don’t much like how the PHEV drives, but for some reason the three Bay Area dealers I’ve talked to all stay firm at (comparatively) high numbers for the EV.

I don’t much like how the PHEV drives, but for some reason the three Bay Area dealers I’ve talked to all stay firm at (comparatively) high numbers for the EV.

I don’t much like how the PHEV drives,

I think that’s the reason :wink:

Now with limited term bonus cash of $10k on 36 month lease (according to Edmund’s), what real world numbers are people getting from dealerships? I’d prefer to drive the Niro EV to the Bolt, because of design, standard safety equipment, and added rear seat and cargo space.

1 Like

Dangit. Stupid supply & demand. Mucking up my whole car situation.

very happy with our (2nd in a row) eGolf, FWIW. for short daily commuting it’s great bank for buck. supply/demand working the other way around :slight_smile:

1 Like

True…but are we calling 100+ miles short these days? I regularly do over 100-120 on Sundays just going around L.A.

Our stated range is around 140 when battery full (have to double check that, not the car I usually drive). We don’t drive anywhere near that much so can’t speak to real world range with precision.

Test driving one today.

Any deals on Kia Niro Electrix EX right now?