Monthly Payment: $319+ ($344)
Drive-Off Amount: $2000
Months:36
Annual Mileage:12000
MF:0.00112
Residual:$21,123.20
Incentives:

• $11,500 Kia
  • $500 Kia Bonus Cash (Black Friday Cash?)

Region: Southern California
Leasehackr Score: 13.6 Years
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

Got this little bad boy from Ty the Kia Guy in the marketplace!
First Off, trying to get a hold of Tyler during the end of the month is tough! He’s so busy he can only message back once a day if any. So if you want a similar deal, be patient and persistent!

My wife wanted a Sunroof on a long range Battery EV so that ruled out lots of cars including the Chevy Bolt. It came down to the Kia Niro and the Hyundai Kona. Kia offered up to $900 off my previous EV (turn in fees) if I ground it and get a new one, so it was leaning to the Niro.

My adventures : (In no particular order)

• Spoke to 3 Brokers, they had the car and the price was good, but Tyler’s was better.
  • Signed up on Kia Irvine’s site - After a lengthy 20 min phone call about what I’m looking for, they never called me back.
  • Went to Kia Irvine - Was offered the Incentive Only (No discount) as if ‘they’ were offering it and not Kia, they wouldn’t deal so I left. (BTW I got an unicorn deal from them 3 years ago so this was REALLY odd)
  • Went to Kia Huntington Beach - They had the $1500 CCFR discount, got there , found out they don’t offer the $1500 anymore, was offered $2k off + 11000 and left.
  • Emailed Kia Garden Grove - After 3 exchanges, she dropped me (right after, I asked what’s the deals on the 2019 that you have in stock)
  • Texted Tyler, got a deal back within a day, and as EOM creeped Closer, it went down even better!

Went on a Monday Morn (End of the Month), the entire dealership was empty! (Sorta shocking but it was a Monday after all). Met Tyler and his Assistant Miles, and 2 hours later we were out of dealership! (And honestly, no one was rushing and it still only took 2 hours) (BTW I applied for Credit ahead of time with Tyler). This includes a [How does the car work explanation] , Grounding my current Kia, Looking at 2 OTHER Kias for Color choices, Financing, and listening to a little adventure with some guy in the Chevy Dealership who wanted a discount on a car he bought 6 months ago. COVID rules were followed 100% except for Finance who only wore a shield (behind a 2nd shield but no mask) but it didn’t bother me, I am just throwing it out. No paperwork was filled out, it was about 10 signatures that had to be done, and that was all.

So Tyler and Miles, Great Job!

3 Likes

Congrats OP! I’m looking to possibly lease a Niro as well. Do they accept CVAP?

They do, but my CVAP didn’t arrive in time (and hasn’t so far). I might have to get a 2nd car if it ever comes.

1 Like

Nice! How do you like the car? My Bolt lease is expiring soon so I’m deciding between another Bolt, Niro or Kona.

Can you provide his contact and dealership info?

His contact info is under this thread

He’s in Carlsbad (Don’t call unless you really want a bad deal, text him first)
He takes CVAP (if you have)
He is applying for CCFR (but not ready when I was there)

So far the things that are ‘different’

• Haven’t figured out how the Wireless Charger works with Car Play since Car Play charges the car.
  • Adaptive Cruise is REALLY NICE
  • The EV ‘noise’ is really annoying (The Government mandated fake engine noise)
  • The sunroof isn’t that impressive.
  • For some reason I keep not slamming the trunk enough and the little message on the dash keeps reminding me.
  • I am annoyed there isn’t a 12V in the Trunk (My Soul EV had it)
  • Not having a power lock on the charger lid is actually an improvement.
  • Going from CHADEMO to CCS is nice.
1 Like

Thanks. Is the Carplay wireless or do you still have to plug in? Do you think the Premium trim is worth it? From what I can see, the base model is pretty well equipped.

1 Like

No wireless, still a cable, the dealer said the government even disabled Bluetooth now that everyone has Carplay,Android Auto.

Not sure about Trim, my wife had to have a sunroof, and is the only reason.
For the Price difference? No.

1 Like

BTW I just got a response from Edmunds and the RV went way up. so it might be a better deal this month.

1 Like

That sunroof cost you $3000 extra? :grinning:

I’m in the contact with Tyler. If all goes well I could be picking up a Gravity Blue EX today. I’m just kinda bummed out I won’t be getting the CFR or any additional utility rebates. Supposedly I will qualify for the $500 Holiday Cash Bonus tho :grinning:

1 Like

Yes don’t remind me I paid for a $3000 sunroof. Otherwise I would’ve gotten the Bolt.

1 Like

Lol you weren’t kidding about that fake engine noise being annoying! Also, is there any way to disable that loud beeping noise when reversing? I feel like I’m driving a semi truck haha.

1 Like

Lol…can’t believe they did that! Safety overkill.