Kia Forte Lease Buyout

The 10-yr part is “just” for the powertrain, right?

I don’t see an issue w/ this, personally.

Yes and the 5yr warranty for everything else. It’s only been 3 for OP so they got lots of warranty left.

1 Like

This is the lease deal. It passes the 1% test but leasehacker score is somewhere between 7.2 and 7.8 I believe. Thoughts?

Season 3 What GIF by On My Block

Did you say 1%? Oh dear! Call out the Hounds!

1 Like

Leasehackr says if its 1% of MSRP then its a good deal. 2% and run away. Am I understanding this wrong?

Am I understanding this wrong?

1 Like

I will PM you

Where does it say that?

@mllcb42 must have missed that and failed the LH mod test.

2 Likes

Right here

The fine print kind of confuses me. Are 1st month, taxes, and fees all due at signing for $268/mo? The 2nd sentence seems to refer to a different deal altogether?

@mllcb42 needs to fight whomever wrote that (@michael?) to determine if that portion should stay or be deleted.

1 Like

Ive commented many times that i believe that specific article is the greatest disservice on this website.

2 Likes

Its an antiquated rule of thumb that doesnt hold up to any scrutiny and really deserves to be scrubbed from the leasing 101. It does not tell you if something is or isnt a good deal.

1 Like

Even if the 1% rule worked, this is no where near 1%

Wow that is a terrible ad.
“$268 lease option includes first month’s payment + taxes and fees.”
This is so confusing. Does the + mean those are also included or does the + mean those are added after? It would seem, on the surface, since they are saying $918 DAS, which is acq fee plus first month, everything else must be rolled in. But I very much doubt that. In amy case, it appears to have expired. I won’t comment on percentage.

1 Like

Especially since later it seems to contradict itself.

I would assume taxes and fees are extra, as they always are.

That’s not technically what’s happening.

They will buy the car from KMF and then sell it to you. It’s a retail transaction, with financing attached.

And obv every transaction is an opportunity to maximize profit

And stop wasting everyone’s time with ads.

1 Like

Is this advertisement a good deal? Any input appreciated.

If the advertisement was something people on this forum would deem a good deal than it wouldn’t be worth them paying for the ads to get people in the door.

On the other hand, the manufacturer offers that are a good deal are not easily replicable as they require the dealer to take a haircut on their selling price.