KBB Instant offer $17,971. Lease payoff is $15998.26

Anyway for me to sell and pay it off with a tad bit of cash in my pocket? Or too much hassle to worry about it?

1. why did you use every tag in your post?
  2. if your figures are correct, as nobody knows what this mystery car is, and someone is willing to pay you more than payoff, it’s theoretically as easy as signing a couple papers, handing them the keys and getting whatever is left after payoff
9 Likes

So now find out how muchCarvana, Vroom, CarMax, etc will offer. Maybe $2k is not worth the hassle to you but you mighh end up with $3k from a different buyer which might be worth it

KBB ICO hits super low, Carvana / Vroom / Shift will offer substantially more

1 Like

This… ha larious

2 Likes

And the process of selling to each has been discussed in detail in each of their respective threads.

As always, it’s up to each individual to research which one offers the most and whether they ultimately want to sell or not.

1 Like

Not always true. In my case, KBB ICO offered the most.

1 Like

KBB is not the dealership though.

1 Like

Have you ever tried to actually get them to follow through on that price though?

KBB ICO is just a lead generator for dealerships to low ball you on your trade in.

4 Likes

Yep, talked to the KBB dealer multiple times and even got them to up the offer by $500 after another dealer matched the KBB ICO. Maybe a fluke since it was this year which is a bit odd. Anyway people should get offers from ICO, Vroom, Carvana, carfax, and their local dealer and let the best offer win. I have sold two cars to carmax as well but lately their offers have been just garbage.

1 Like

Definitely a fluke. My experience with them has always been that the dealership offer was thousands under the ICO number (which itself has been quite a bit under carvana/etc), but agreed that it’s always worth getting multiple offers.

1 Like

In July KBB offered me $8,473 for my INFINITI. Carmax offered $10,500 about the same time.

Recently Shift offered me $12,000. Then the offer expired and they offered me $12,500 without prompting. And then $12,700. Carvana keeps offering me $10,500.

2 Likes

Isn’t that thing like 20 years old? At least the tech is the same as today.

When I go in for service and peek into the showroom, it’s as if the same cars that were there the day I took delivery are still sitting there (minus the M something).

2 Likes

Thank you for your replies. I found this informative.