Just threw up a little

CarPlay works great on my 2019 740. Way better than our 2018 Odyssey. Having wireless is great. It’s not prefect but much better.

Love running Waze!

1 Like

Damn… I cant wait for that 2050… i hope they come with 70 inch wheels also.:heart_eyes:

Oh I love the design they had in 2002-2008. In my opinion, all other redesigns they’ve had don’t compare. Same can be said about the Land Cruiser/LX from 1998-2007.

1 Like

:nauseated_face: :toilet: looks really terrible from the side

1 Like

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I loved these cars and thought they looked real cool. Kinda like small spaceships lol

1 Like

Yeah these were awful both in aesthetic and reliability.

That looks a little bit like a Saturn from the back.

I really liked that generation E65 :worried:

They bought back a pile of them, they also extended the warranties on them or at least some of them, that car was a complete fail for bmw

As far as i know the deal with no AA is that Google requests access to various sensory data such as car telemetry and sensor data. “Supposedly” Apple is more privacy respecting and doesnt have same requirements for carplay…but I am pretty sure it is all BS. There is no privacy or presumption of such on either side, they are just fighting for control of your data between google apple and bmw in this case.

They are designing them, in part, for the Chinese market since they love the lux, VIP cars. BMW needs their grilles to stand out more than the competition. I’m almost positive this most recent LCI had little to do with US market preferences.

It definitely appears as though I am in the minority :slight_smile: I actually like the looks of these new large grilles!

More space to put BMWCCA badges.

1 Like

I was literally going to go find a picture of that model to post. Unbelievable ugly. It was ugly then and I thought it would grow on people but nope, still ugly.

Not a fan of the new grill either but I recently saw a completely blacked out 760. It was one mean looking machine, really liked it.

3 Likes

Looks best when you can’t see the awful baleen whale grill.

1 Like

Why does it really matter? Absolutely no-one bought the old one and this one will be no different. The market for large German luxury barges has lost the battle to large German luxury super tankers.

It’s so bad that even Hertz has a bunch of 740i’s sitting on their lot at LAX so you know it’s bad when they have to sit next to other forgotten sedans like the Chrysler 300 (who?) or the Chevy Impala (what?)

1 Like

But we all know there’s plenty of us on here that would drive one if the deal was right!

1 Like

The black wheel phenomenon needs to die.

2 Likes