Just leased a Chevy Trax, 15k/yr, $768 drive-off/one pay lease

Why not? Incentives have only gone down by 1,500 this month.

I would wait for the next round of stupid deals from GM, and also sign up for Farm Bureau. Call up Honda FS and ask to extend your lease, they should oblige for up to 6 months. That should give you plenty of time to find something.

you feel better deals will come in may/june?

Yes. Iā€™m almost willing to bet deals will get better in the end of this quarter (June).

Summer always brings something

$1,500 is a lot of scratch.

He can do it if he wants - but heā€™s not in a rush right now.

I would at-least wait until the mid month rebate reset.

yeah in no rush since due back may 12 but i am happy to jump on a deal if it is attractive. if the consensus on hackr is better deals are likely to come towards may/june then i can try to extend my lease one more month

My point was, 768 + 1500 is still a lot less than 4640

To get the best deals (as @vhooloo coins it ā€œdeal of yearā€ vs ā€œdeal of the monthā€), you kind of have to hang out here for at least a couple of months to get a feel of what is out there. @mikeset you seem to know what a good deal looks like so it may not take that long. $1,500 / 24 = $62.5/mo (+ interest + tax) is a lot of scratch

^^^^ Trueā€¦i started looking in January (Elantra/Escape/Mazda 3/Kia Forte) and closed on the Trax last week. Came from $240+ a month with everything rolled in to $58/82 for 36M/12K.

ahhh okay i see, that makes sense, a ā€œdeal of the monthā€ i would be super happy with, ā€œdeal of yearā€ is the unicorn for me :slight_smile:

understood, thanks. even with that im looking at less than $100.

at 4640 i will have to sit tight and wait

Most car buyers are 90 day buyers - itā€™s not uncommon to look into deals months ahead.

Salesmen just like to give you a hard time about it.

I, uhā€¦ Spent two years researching the Genesis before biting. Putting 90 days to shame. Still 2 years out from my next lease and Iā€™m already starting to browse. Perhaps itā€™s an addiction.

Welcome to the club. Leaseaholic anonymous

Can someone please help me ? :confused
Iā€™m trying really hard to get a Chevy trax at a good deal, I know the $3000 rebate is over but they replaced it with a $1500 which is still good. Iā€™m was was told by 2/3 dealers that the most debated I can get now total on $3900. I donā€™t understand how people are getting those cars for $60 $70 and even $55 a month with 0 down?!! Iā€™ve tried negotiating all of this with three dealers now and the lowest Iā€™ve got is $213/month. I will attach a photo. Any help would be awesome Iā€™m extremely new to this and I just need a car with a cheap lease.

hmmm weird, seems like a 59$ RV. What terms are you looking for 36/15k?

I honestly wanted a 24/12k but he wrote that up how he wanted t I guess? Loll Iā€™m just looking for something under $150 honestly

Does the MF seem crazy high to anyone?

Go to the top nav, click on Leasing 101, then How to Calculate Lease Payments by Hand. You will get an understanding of how the numbers work. Once you get done there, you will probably have to build-your-own-deal and do it step-by-step for the dealer. Some salespeople will NOT know how to put a deal like we do over here. If you donā€™t itemize the rebates, they will not do it for you unless maybe end of the month and they are willing to work harder.

The $1,500 reduction on the asian conquest is $63/mo (+ interest + tax) on a 24 month lease so it matters a lot.

MF of 0.0008 (24m) is 1.92% so while it is not super high, it is also not 0% (like the Infiniti)

What state are you in? Are you in GA? The state tax is $995?