Just leased a Chevy Trax, 15k/yr, $768 drive-off/one pay lease

No harm in asking, right ?
Post it here if you end up being lucky !

Bad news indeed!!!

Went to Toyota of Dallas, showed them the lease and after a good 20 minutes between the sales people and the manager, they gave us the bad news. They are sorry for wasting our time but they cannot match the Chevy lease offer.

Oh well, a wasted evening, but we tried.

Hope you told them off as you left.

insane deal - wish i would have seen this!

Toyota wouldnā€™t match the insane deals on the Equinox (much closer competitor to RAV4), let alone a Trax.

Iā€™ve been watching this forum for a few weeks & thanks to you guys Iā€™m about to get this deal signed off tomorrow. Went in on Friday for the initialization, but wife is out of town until tomorrow & she is the primary so finalizing in the morning. MSRP was $21895, got the sales price to $20500 and $5575 in discounts. ($1500 was a bonus tag) finance manager said the payments will be $66.11 per month, 0 down for a total of $1586.64. This is for Missouri with a sales tax rate of 8.975%. Sorry, no other numbers besides those until I get the main paperwork.

I have a couple of questions. My dealer said the $1500 Incremental Bonus cash did not exist in their system - is Missouri an excluded region? The bonus tag made it a wash, although there was another one that was a nicer color I would rather have had, as well as the fact that it would have made the car almost free. Also, I asked to do one pay. We qualified for the tier 1 .00087 MF, but they said that one pay cost more money when they selected that in their system. I believed that there was a MF discount of .00042 for one pay? The finance guy said one pay came out to $2029.65. I called GM financial and they were of no help at all.

If anyone has any insight into these two niggley things before tomorrow morning I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

I thought the $3000 asian lease was not renewed for April.

It wasnā€™t, I locked the deal in on Friday (31st) Iā€™m not sure how they wrote it up but they said it was fine to finalize on Monday. Did a similar thing when we leased our Toyota - Missouri has odd personal property tax laws that make anything you own on Jan 1st taxable for that year, so the trick is to buy on the 2nd if your shopping around that timeframe. We got the December dealer incentives & didnā€™t actually sign off until Jan 3rd.

Got this signed off today & drove away happy. The $1500 bonus cash was not available here, but after some persuasion the finance guy did go in & figure out how to do the one pay rate reduction. Total OOP after the dealers fee+reg was $1206.80 - in the middle of other peopleā€™s deals. Being here in the Midwest I consider that a score. At prices like these I see this being habitual :grin:

Is there any reason you couldnā€™t turn that right back around on an early lease turn in to move your equity onto another lease? You basically got the car for free, but if you were to turn it in early, it would be worth more than the residual, right? Just curious if thereā€™s a way to profit even more from this.

Could sell it to someone for more that the lease payoff or trade it in for more than the lease payoff.

any update on your story?
thanks!

I should of edited that out. I handled it with the owner and GSM, and I agreed not to post reviews online (they appearently care what is said online about them but not now they treat their customers).

anyone have luck with this in NY, NJ, PA, CT?

PA store did an Equinox for a client of mine - $2,800 for a LT AWD (MSRP 32,300).

Since AC is dead now - the trax will be more expensive.

thanks for the update

What are you looking to do, exactly?

looking for something like the cruze, elantra, trax, equinox, etc for less than 130 a month, $0 down. im pretty flexible, im getting out of a 2014 civic in may (or earlier if possible).

So roughly a $4,640 amount total.

Thatā€™s not likely this month. Iā€™d wait a while longer (as you can with the may return).