Jeep Renegade Limited NYC

Get something else. CJDR dealers are heavily pushing 42 month leases and you don’t want to be out of warranty on those vehicles given how unreliable they are.

2 Likes

While I don’t disagree with Max here in theory (in practice I’m an idiot who rolled the 42 month Jeep dice myself), if this is the vehicle you are set on (not a big Renegade fan personally) you need to research your options and get real, detailed quotes from dealers, preferably via email. Trying to figure this stuff out in a showroom is a fools errand, especially if you are not experienced. Reach out to several dealers via email/web asking for lease quotes. Tell them that you want to be at zero down, zero due at signing or just taxes and fees due at signing. Ask them to email you a detailed quote that shows:

MSRP of the vehicle

The selling price BEFORE any rebates and incentives are applied

A breakdown of the rebates being applied

Bank the lease is being done through

Residual value

Money factor (interest rate)

A breakdown of the taxes and fees being charged

Total monthly payment and amount due at signing

You can’t really walk into this kind of thing expecting to pay a certain amount for a car because someone you know got a totally different car for a certain amount. The leasing programs can vary wildly from model to model, trim to trim, bank to bank. Taking a quick look at Autobytel shows that there are tons of rebates and incentives on the Renegade limited at the moment, including some that the dealer may not have been disclosing to you. Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram programs and incentives can be really confusing for even seasoned car shoppers, so it’s very important to get multiple quotes and see who is giving you the best possible price.

2 Likes

I’d also really recommend reading the leasing 101 article to get a better understanding of how a lease works. A rebate isn’t a fee you pay, it’s money that the factory gives the dealer to reduce the cost of the car. It’s important to have a grasp on the terminology used, otherwise a less reputable dealer (Which many CDJR dealers are!) will take you to the cleaners if you let them, particularly if you are there in person.

1 Like

The rebate part had me confused. Every search I did, rebate is shown to be something beneficial for the buyer but this broker is telling me its part of the $3000 fee that is going towards the car.

Most likely they are including that in the “cash due at signing”, so it shouldn’t be coming from your pocket. Definitely reach out to other dealers and go to the Edmunds forums to confirm the residual and money factor if possible (Chrysler and third party bank info can be difficult to find sometimes)

Thank you for the help. I’m looking around different dealers and asking for quotes with the info you mentioned. I wonder if the dealership gets defensive if I ask about these info. I already got a chat rep asking me to come in and they will have the info setup ready for me to review instead of sending the info over the email for me.

Tell them that you will gladly review the information via email and move onto the next one if they won’t send it to you. You shouldn’t set foot in the dealership unless you are there for a test drive, or are there to sign paperwork and take delivery.

Yeah that is basically what I told them. I set up and appointment but told them to still send me the numbers. I wouldn’t want to waste their teams’ time and effort because I didn’t like the numbers.

We just leased a GC yesterday, and I can tell you that we avoided the 42 month term, even though it was cheaper. Just not worth being out of warranty on these - we have 2 other GC leases which have both needed warranty work. On a sep note, I’m happy to share the dealer we used as they were awesome to work with. They will deliver to NYC, as well.

Yeah if you don’t mind I would love to give them an email. Where is the dealership located?

This is such a tired stereotype.

Lol no it’s not

Sharing a perspective, as I just bought one (and yes- I know this is a lease topic forum, haha!)

• New driver (daughter) wanted a Jeep, and yes- this will be my first FCA purchase (not a fan of their products, but so be it- as I won’t be the driver)
  • My learning as I just went through the buying process (and perhaps “everyone” has experienced/knows this already) is that FCA positions discounting for Jeeps through rebates vs. heavy discounts of the MSRP
  • I live in NJ, and had specific marching orders: white + my sky removable sunroof
  • Well that combination in the Northeast is super hard to find (as I suspect that there isn’t a heavy demand for the removable panel version in this part of the country)
  • And when I located one, dealers (at best) wouldn’t move on more than a -1.5% discount on the MSRP, which out of principal, I wouldn’t agree to

Call me crazy:

• I located the SUV in Savannah, and got -9.3% of the MSRP + $5k in rebates
  • The flight cost me $35.00 one way, and yes- looking forward to the drive home next week

Good luck with locating one at the price you are expecting to get, and keep us posted here- as I’m curious how you make out! With the right patience and knowing your stuff, you should be good to go.

3 Likes

It’s like pulling teeth trying to get anyone from any Jeep dealership in NY to send you a quote via email. Especially if you ask for the break down. It’s like if they can’t swindle you then they don’t want to deal with you. Like holy crap just run the damn numbers.

1 Like

Expand your search if possible. NJ has some good dealers. Pennsylvania too. I had good luck at Ramsey CDJR. Others had good luck at Buhler Jeep and I can vouch for them being easy to deal with too. People have had success at Rothrock in Pennsylvania. Jeep dealers can be a huge pain.

I got mine today

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Jeep Renegade Limited
MSRP: $29995
Monthly Payment: $ 214
Drive-Off Amount: $3220 (with 1500 down plus tax and fee)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
RV should be 51%
MF: 0.00046
NYC

Bro I had the same deal on a trailhawk about 310/m all in. Did you not read the thread before signing? That’s a bad deal especially for a limited that’s effectively $303/m

According to edmunds for NYC
LTD - .00017 and 54%
$4250 incentives

I got a friend who knows someone at a Jeep dealership working on a deal for me. I’ll update when I get the details.

Seems like the only way to get a good deal is to know someone or get extremely lucky with a salesman smh

Did you end up getting a good deal on a renegade.

Jeep Dealers are not negotiating… with me at least I couldn’t get a good deal

They all have a zillion 2020 renegades laying around…its messed up

1 Like